Location: Remote - USA
Employment Type: Full Time
At Deem, we create powerful, intuitive solutions for booking and managing
corporate travel. Deem puts the traveler at the center of everything we do.
Travelers can manage their corporate travel needs with ease and on the fly,
while companies can apply policy and control costs.
Deem's mission is to transform travel while expanding our footprint in the
marketplace. There is enormous opportunity to impact the company and innovate
travel, while working with a team that has a shared passion of taking the
company to the next level. The company is headquartered in San Francisco Bay
Area with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is a wholly owned and independently run subsidiary of Enterprise
Holdings, Inc., the world’s largest mobility provider, and an industry leader
in mobility and technology. Deem has the benefit of being a subsidiary of
Enterprise Holdings, Inc. while having a start-up feel and an agile approach.
Role and Responsibility
- Work in a full-stack development environment with a small agile team.
- Develop new features, enhance existing features and optimize existing functionality, from conception and design through testing and deployment.
- Assist in review of design and code developed by others, with an eye for maintainability, security, and effectiveness.
- Take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment, and operations of the applications / microservices that you create.
- Work closely with other developers and QA to deliver high quality releases on time.
- Must be proficient and comfortable at problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess the ability to be a self-driven quick learner with attention to details and quality
- Capable of debugging issues that might span across multiple applications or interfaces
- B.S Computer Science, or equivalent in technical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in hands-on software development, including but not limited to working on multi-tier distributed applications, microservices, web applications, SPA, etc.
- Should have closely worked in agile teams, and a fair knowledge of basic scrum practices.
- Having good to excellent communication skills which make working a pleasure.
- Good knowledge of Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Elastic Search, JSP, Servlets, XML.
- Knowledge of Go / Golang would be an added plus.
- Understanding of database concepts, SQL, DBMS, etc.
- Knowledge, or experience in API development, like gRPC (preferred), ReST, and SOAP.
- Should be able to work with Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, and related application and web servers.
- Knowledge of CI-CD pipelines, like GitLab, Jenkins, GitHub will be an added plus.
- Application packaging tools like Maven, Docker, and containerization concepts and products, like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Ubuntu, etc.
- UI development with JS frameworks- ReactJS and/or AngularJS
- Cloud: Experience in Google GCP
- Storage: Experience in Graph databases
Deem team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to
creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we
achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
age, marital, veteran, or disability status.