Location: Remote (Europe)
Employment Type: Full-time
Here at Pex, we're on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone. We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
As ** ** a ** ** Senior Data Engineer , you will play a key role as part of Pex’s Data Team that you will help build and develop. We are looking for a seasoned data engineer who’s eager to bring our data architecture to life and build and evolve solid data pipelines that will support Pex’s data needs and their stakeholders. Our scale is massive, so scalability and maintainability must always be top of mind.
Our engineering organization is made up of fully distributed and cross- functional teams that have talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. The Analytics Team currently includes a Staff Data Architect, a Senior Data Engineer, two Senior Backend Engineers and a Site Reliability Engineer.
At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
We’re looking for an accomplished and pragmatic data engineer who will work on the implementation of our data vision across the organization. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will:
• Be a trusted go-to person for everything data-related at Pex
• Support Pex in its data-driven business approach by developing and evolving the data platform
• Promote data best practices within the team and beyond
• Development, maintenance and evolution of Pex’s data environment
Pex’s Unified Analytics Architecture
Pex aspires to become a data-driven company. Our data architecture follows a unified analytics approach where we are leveraging a single modern cloud- native data platform to enable all types of workloads (batch/stream), all types of consumer profiles (BI & Reporting / ML & AI), and all types of data (structured, semi-structured and unstructured).
To this end, we have chosen Snowflake as our cloud data platform implementing a Data Lakehouse architecture pattern. Our technology stack includes dbt+Airflow for data transformation, and for our ingestion layer we use Debezium for CDC-based extract and load operations and Apache Pulsar as our message queue. Currently, we offer BI functionality embedded into our core product, Attribution Engine, but we are also looking into modern BI platforms to include into our technology stack.
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Deep understanding of large scale data architectures
• Deep understanding of data warehousing concepts, data update strategies, data modeling, data pipelines, and workflows
• Experience in building production-level data pipelines for analytic purposes with the use of ETL/ELT tools and/or SQL
• Proven experience with data management over large volumes of data (10s to 100s of TB of data) stored in heterogeneous data sources
• Understanding of Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik or similar) and concepts plus experience with delivering analytical applications to customers
• A modest attitude which is a key for good collaboration
• Outstanding communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
Perks and Benefits
• Salary: $115,200 - $122,400/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
• Generous paid parental leave
• A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.