Employment Type: Full-time
The Executive Assistant role at Emerald goes above and beyond the scope of a typical EA position. You will become the right hand of the leadership team you support, always preempting their needs, requirements, and being one step ahead of the game. You will need to plan schedules ahead of time, and have the flexibility to adjust meetings on the spot when urgent matters arise.
An effective EA in this role will maintain a high degree of trust, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism. This role is incredibly fast paced, so the ideal candidate will embrace the pace and learn to work with some level of ambiguity. We are looking for a bright and eager professional who is seeking the opportunity of a lifetime and is excited to be a part of our mission to empower scientists to transcend the laboratory. This exciting career opportunity will support Emerald’s Co-CEOs.
Key responsibilities will include...
- Manage demanding calendars and resolve scheduling conflicts when they arise
- Manage email correspondence and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- Work effectively with stakeholders to support the priorities and needs of the team
- Track, follow up and help drive the completion of key deliverables
- Active note taking during meetings to determine action items, and distribute accordingly
- Complete expense reports, travel coordination, and compliance paperwork
- Coordinate team meetings and events
- Act as a liaison for direct reports
- Collaborate with IT and LabDev teams for equipment and facility needs
- Stay up to date on the latest company policies and resources to educate the team
- Contribute to special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess these skills...
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in time- critical situations
- Aptitude to meet deadlines and operate with a sense of urgency
- Analytical skills with the ability to improve processes
- Excellent decision-making, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of discretion with integrity
- Professional and poised under pressure with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google programs including Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with project management software such as Asana
- Strong passion for Emerald’s mission
- Ability to work hours outside the normal 8-5 schedule when required.
- Must be comfortable working independently
If you would like to apply and learn more, we’d love to hear from you! Please follow the link below, including your resume and a brief remark about what you are looking for. If we see a strong potential match to our current needs, we will reach out to start a conversation.