Location: San Leandro, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
The Administrative Specialist will mainly support the Chief Technology Officer
and VP of Engineering. Provide efficient and effective support of critical
administrative and organizational projects. The Administrative Specialist must
be able to assist and act in a confidential capacity, communicate well with
tact and professionalism, and project a professional image at all times with
all levels of internal personnel, client staff, corporate Board of Directors
and shareholders. This role will be an exciting blend of administrative duties
and working closely with our Engineering Department (Research & Development).
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administrative support such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organizing travel arrangements for senior managers.
- Conducts Patent maintenance by ensuring that all licenses are up-to-date.
- Ensure actions are completed with respect to decisions around particular filings/patents (US and/or Foreign).
- Ensure any outstanding disclosures that engineers have to complete and submit are done on time.
- Coordinating with IP counsel for disclosure meetings between engineers and counsel.
- Coordinating responses to IP counsel reminders when there are actions requested by patent counsel ranging from executing documents to making decisions on a particular patent claims, abandonment, etc.
- Maintaining a master sheet of all patents (US and foreign) in coordination with the IP counsel paralegals.
- Keeping track of payments, dues and due dates for patents & working with CPA Global (Clarivate).
- Manage worldwide patents & renewal fees.
- Booking conference calls, rooms, rides, couriers, hotels etc.
- Processing expenses sheets and invoices for the team.
- Maintaining Shared Drive and other forms of filing systems.
- Handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Managing and acting as the gatekeeper to CTO’s calendar.
- Developing and updating administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Planning and executing Team Building events and off-sites.
Skills & Requirements:
- AA or BA Degree.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Good typing and keyboard skills.
- Managing administrative processes.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Support senior management on a variety of administrative tasks (managing calendars, credit card expense reconciliation, travel arrangements).
- Maintain IP portfolio and interface with IP counsel.
- Organize & maintain the R&D / Product Engineering parts database – SolidWorks PDM.
- Organize & maintain the R&D network shared drive.
- Organize & maintain RDF database – follow up with engineers to ensure everything is up to date.
- Obtain receipts for card purchases & file expense reports.
- Organize & maintain smart sheet schedule for test loop and technician time requests.
- Organize & maintain excel sheet for R&D manufacturing positions.
- Help with organizing R&D info exchange and other events.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.