Location: San Leandro, CA or Katy, Tx
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERI is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full time job opening
for the position of Supply Chain Specialist, within the Supply Chain
Management team located onsite in San Leandro, CA. This position is
responsible for procurement and supply chain functions for the manufacturing
and production sector of the company. A suitable candidate will have prior
experience working within a procurement function with exposure to ERP
system(s) and MRP knowledge.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline processes, and implement solutions
- Review and analyze scope of work and purchase requisitions utilizing ERP/MRP system
- Prepare RFQ’s and issue purchase orders; determine and negotiate prices, delivery and credit terms; buy according to established company policies and procedures; maintain accurate purchasing records
- Responsible for evaluating, assessing and onboarding vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality assurance. Develop and maintain ongoing supplier relationships; keep accurate supplier records
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with key suppliers. Track and monitor supplier metrics & KPIs while working closely with suppliers to ensure On Time Delivery (OTD), quality, and overall business requirements are satisfied.
- Evaluate inventory reorder levels, safety stocks and quantity price breaks to determine the most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies
- Review material shortages and communicate potential outages or supply chain constraints to Planning, Engineering & Project & Program Management (PM) teams
- Maintain accurate purchase order records and updates within the system. Follow up on all open orders ensuring suppliers adhere to schedule, pricing, & quality based on established agreement(s) and Terms & Conditions (T&Cs)
- Expedite purchase orders as necessary to ensure delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted manufacturing flow
- Identify alternative sourcing solutions to mitigate supply chain risk
- Collaborate with: Planning, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Warehouse, Logistics and PM’s to develop and maintain processes for the effective execution of Customer orders
- Develop and track metrics to identify progress of cost saving initiatives and process efficiencies for suppliers and related functions
- Maintain accurate item master information including, but not limited to: safety stock, order multiples, vendor information, lead times, freight terms, etc
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned related to project and company needs.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study. Experience can be considered in lieu of higher education.
- Minimum 3+ years of supply chain experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications and ERP/MRP software
- Ability to support cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment with high accountability and ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Team oriented and comfortable working with all levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- APICS Certification (CPIM and/or CSCP)
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.