Location: San Leandro, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
The Corporate Counsel, Commercial Contracts role will be responsible for
drafting and negotiating contracts, primarily on the revenue side of the
business for the Company’s various business units. This role will report to
the Chief Legal Officer.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, markup/draft (from forms and from scratch), negotiate and close commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, licenses, RFP responses and supporting documents across the Business Services business unit.
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal/commercial contract advice directly to business clients.
- Support business clients in negotiating price, deliverables, services scope, warranty and other commercial terms.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to maximize revenues, minimize risk and foster long-term client relationships.
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision-making among the Legal team, Finance team, business teams and other internal teams.
- Manage assigned projects to completion.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- J.D. degree from top law school required.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and corporate legal department; in-house corporate legal department experience preferred.
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts and other experience demonstrating ability to handle and close commercial and legal negotiations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and research skills required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, fluid and collegial corporate culture.
- Ability to draft and close commercial agreements with minimal support from senior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.