Location: San Leandro, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERI is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening
for Director of Human Resources, located in San Leandro, CA. This position
reports to the Sr. Director of HR and will be responsible for managing the
internal organizational processes and infrastructures that will allow ERI to
fulfill its mission. In this role, you will work across our agency to oversee
Operations and Human Resources matters, collaborating internally with
Production, Finance, and Development teams; and externally with our key
vendors and service providers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with organization’s management to support initiatives by understanding the organization’s objectives, issues, opportunities and long-term growth.
- Collaborate with and work as a team to provide a range of human resources services for the full candidate and employee life cycles.
- HR services include but are not limited to operational excellence for talent acquisition, selection, immigration, onboarding, compensation, workforce planning, performance management, organizational design, talent development, learning programs, employee relations, compensation philosophies, benefits administration, compensation analysis, workers compensation, OSHA compliance, off boarding.
- Provide leadership, information, and guidance to management on Human Resources issues and trends, and ensure the effectiveness of all Human Resources functions, services, processes, reporting and record keeping.
- Establish and administer all Human Resources policies including compensation and benefits, performance management, staff development and training, and key performance indicators.
- Manage employee relations and agency relationships including requests and negotiations.
- Attract, recruit, and retain high quality candidates using creative and innovative campaigns; while improving morale.
- Partner with and lead global full candidate employee life cycle with global PEO organizations.
- Collaborate with Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental team to meet health and safety initiatives to provide and promote safety culture.
- Maintain Covid-19 safety protocol measures including testing, symptom screening, contact tracing, communication and stay current on legislative updates.
- Support manager development through coaching, counseling, and targeted trainings.
- Oversee and negotiate all agency wage/salary frameworks and benefit programs, including health, retirement, pension, workers' compensation to ensure we are competitive.
- Oversee Human Resources information and reporting systems, ensuring that data is accurate and reporting is timely and complete.
- Maintain familiarity with organization policies and practices ensuring an effective program of compliance with statutory, legal and regulatory requirements.
- All other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years’ previous experience in multi-function Human Resources or People Operations department is desired.
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication with experience coaching leaders at all levels and proven problem solver.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including talent acquisition, staffing and workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, total rewards including compensation and benefits, health and safety, HR technology and training development in a multi-state and/or global company.
- Experience with HR technology (applicant tracking system/talent relationship management, HRIS, performance management, learning management system) and integrating HR with company technology.
- Experience with developing and implementing effective talent management solutions to attract and recruit top talent including workforce planning, learning and development, skills gap analysis and performance management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong emotional intelligence and expertise in group dynamics with a successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with all levels.
- Experience with SOX program support/execution, controls and audit, a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and deadlines concurrently.
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
- Some team oriented and effective public speaking skills.
- Significant experience participating in risk assessments, audits, and implementing Management systems.
- Significant knowledge of state and federal compliance laws.
- Familiarity with global compliance laws including GDPR, a plus.
- Familiarity of environmental and industrial hygiene practices, first aid practices, and HAZCOM.
- Some experience conducting root cause analysis/incident investigations.
- Significant oral, written, IT, and Microsoft Office skills.
- Business Travel when required to meet business demands: CA, TX
- Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental & 401K Plan Retirement Match.
- $1,500 Uncapped Referral Bonus.
- Free lunch provided daily.
- On-site gym.
- Certification and employee growth/training provided.
- Mental Health Awareness and Wellness Weeks provided to all employees.
- Amazing Company Culture and Ethics.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.