Location: San Leandro, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: PRODUCTION (California)
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERI is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening
for the position of Shipping Specialist located in San Leandro, CA. This
position is reporting to the Warehouse & Shipping Manager, and will be
responsible for the day to day operations of ERI’s outbound shipments.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule daily shipments with Freight Forwarders and Trucking companies.
- Generate and obtain the required export documents for airfreight/ocean shipment, such as commercial invoices, packing slips, shipper’s letter instruction (SLI), certificate of origin (COO), NAFTA, AUSFTA, insurance certificates, airway bills, OBL and SED through AES.
- Provide logistical and operational support to Sales, Marketing, Project Management, and Engineering Departments
- Effectively interact and collaborate with other departments to attain results.
- Ensure each shipment is executed in compliance with all applicable US Customs laws and regulations, such as BIS, Export control, DOD, TSA, IATA, and DOT.
- Analyze cost and service to determine the best shipping method for each shipment.
- Loading/off-loading trucks.
- Pull and issue parts for Production work orders.
- Follow work-order/router instructions and work within estimated time for completion of each assigned task.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge of international shipping processes (air, ocean FCL, ocean LCL, LC shipments).
- Knowledge of incoterms.
- Knowledge of domestic shipping processes.
- Forklift license (preferred).
- Experience in moderate to high volume production environment.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to review and understand production Bill of Materials and production orders .
- Must be a team player, professional, driven to first time accuracy and able to work under pressure without creating workplace disruptions.
- Highly motivated, organized, with a positive “Whatever it takes” attitude.
- Remains calm in stressful situations and is highly accountable.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills.
- Knowledge of FedEx shipping system (preferred).
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX Dynamics (preferred).
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.