Location: San Leandro, CA or Katy, Tx
Employment Type: Full-time
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERI is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening
for the position of Product Engineer, located in San Leandro, CA or Katy, TX
and reporting to the Director of Product and Sustaining Engineering. The
Product and Sustaining Engineering department is a dynamic group of engineers
and technicians with a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for a
talented and energetic candidate who can thrive in a team environment. The
team supports all Business Units and R&D as they bring new products to the
market, provide service to customers, and support sales activities. They
ensure products are properly stewarded through the full product lifecycle.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support R&D projects (NPI) involving fluid machines such as pressure exchangers, centrifugal and reciprocating pumps, turbines, turbochargers etc.
- Lead product engineering activities for NPI – production drawings/BOM, performance curves, beta testing, certifications, manufacturing release etc.
- Leverage commercial tools such as SolidWorks for CAD, ANSYS Mechanical for structural analysis, CFX/Fluent for hydraulic flow path design optimization etc.
- Perform validation testing of prototypes in the lab and obtain high quality data.
- Support sustaining engineering efforts to make design improvements, enhance performance, extend operability and/or reduce cost of existing products. Work with ERI business units in supporting and expanding current product lines
- Provide engineering support for product customization requests.
- Support engineering ticketing system with prompt and accurate responses to tickets.
- Provide engineering support for field RCAs & production test failures as needed.
- Work closely with other business functions such as project engineering, manufacturing, QHSE and business units in rolling out NPI/product enhancements.
- Provide technical support to business, corporate development, manufacturing, quality & project engineering teams as needed.
- Other duties & projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of relevant industry experience. An advanced degree in lieu of experience is acceptable provided the concentration is in the area of mechanics of fluids or solids.
- Proficiency in commercial CAD packages such as SolidWorks required.
- Familiarity with use of a commercial FEA tool such as ANSYS for structural analysis.
- Familiarity with CFD analysis using ANSYS CFX/Fluent or Star CCM+ a plus.
- Hands on experience with testing and experimentation, selection and use of sensors/transducers/controls/data acquisition hardware highly desirable.
- Experience with design, analysis and testing of rotodynamic & reciprocating fluid machines a plus.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple tasks, and be goal oriented.
- Familiarity with engineering standards such as ASME/API/ANSI/NFPA etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.