Location: San Leandro, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: QUALITY AND SAFETY
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERI is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening
for Quality Control Technician, located in San Leandro, CA. This position
reports to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for verifying that
received material and final product quality meets print and applicable
The Quality Control Technician candidate must have the ability to meet tight
deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail-
oriented, have strong investigatory and troubleshooting ability, and have the
ability to work independently. The candidate must establish and maintain a
professional working relationship with Logistics, line supervisors,
manufacturing operators, and engineering.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished company products according to specifications or standards using suitable measurement and test equipment
- Use of the CMM (Zeiss-Calypso) to inspect and support ongoing R&D initiatives
- Document and communicate non-conformances, assist in containment actions, inspection/sorting, and identify scope of rework
- Determine and assist in developing methods and procedures for quality inspection and control
- Perform calibration audits and support internal calibration activities
- Assists in process improvement projects cross-functionally
- Assist with other QC related activities assigned
- Support the advancement of business excellence initiatives, including support of ISO compliance and the deployment of targeted tools and practices.
- Ensure daily good housekeeping (6s)
- Support production by performing inspection/internal audits when needed.
- Manage and maintain equipment, tool calibration, and documentation records.
- Other duties & projects as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Proficient at hard set-ups as well as CMM programming and measuring of mechanical parts. Zeiss with Calypso S/W preferred.
- Minimum 3 years QA experience in a light to heavy mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to analyze complex data and identify trends and patterns.
- Experience in precision mechanical inspection experience preferred with strong GD&T and ANSI Y14.5 experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and problem solving skills.
- Be comfortable in a fast paced, deadline oriented business environment.
- Ability to fully utilize Microsoft Office Suite with full proficiency.
- ISO 9001 or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.