Location: San Leandro, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: QUALITY AND SAFETY
Energy Recovery (NASDAQ: ERII) creates technologies that solve complex
challenges for industrial fluid-flow markets worldwide. Building on our
pressure exchanger technology platform, we design and manufacture solutions
that make industrial processes more efficient and sustainable. What began as a
game-changing invention for desalination has grown into a global business
advancing the environmental sustainability of customers’ operations in
multiple industries. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Energy
Recovery has manufacturing, research and development facilities across
California and Texas with sales and on-site technical support available
globally. For more information, please visit www.energyrecovery.com.
ERI is seeking a qualified candidate for an immediate full-time job opening
for Quality Manager, located in San Leandro, CA. This position reports to the
Director of Manufacturing Engineering & Sustainability and will be responsible
for leading and mentoring the quality team, implementing and overseeing the
quality management systems, documentation, and processes. Exceeding customer
expectations and achieving world-class excellence in quality is expected. A
successful candidate will be high energy, high integrity, and detail-focused
with the competitive edge to win.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the advancement of business excellence initiatives, including support of ISO 9001 compliance and the deployment of targeted tools and practices.
- Support production by performing inspection/internal audits when needed.
- Prepare, supervise and report suitable metrics for production performance.
- Support internal and external issue escalation process; identify gaps and corrective actions for issue escalation
- Collaborate with the leadership team to set quality benchmarks
- Make critical decisions in favor of cost-efficiency without compromising quality
- Build and direct the product and process quality function, work scope includes leading quality management system, incoming quality, and operational quality organizations.
- Drive cross-functional projects with manufacturing, supply chain, production quality, and research teams to test existing and determine new product specifications and tolerances.
- Mentor and motivate teams and individuals to deliver departmental and site goals
- Work closely with production management counterparts to establish, monitor, and improve KPIs
- Deliver regular management reviews on the health of the operation
- Lead ISO 9001 activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
- Continue improvements efforts of quality data systems, first-pass yield, scrap, and continuous improvement opportunities in order to implement the best practices in operations.
- Set and maintain the most up to date standards for product quality related.
- Excellent problem-solver, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive for success with professional skills.
- Be able to work through ambiguity and changes, with support to the cross-functional teams of quality efforts.
- Multi-plant experience with global responsibility a plus
- Occasional domestic or international traveling required.
- Other duties & projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- MS/BS in an applicable technical field (industrial engineering, quality, mechanical engineering, materials science engineering)
- Minimum 5 years Quality Management experience in a leadership role within a light to heavy mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience introducing new product and new processes into production.
- Excellent knowledge of quality problem solving methods, Six Sigma black belt is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, ability to effectively handlec multiple priorities, flexibility to reorganize and reschedule work on short notice to meet tight deadlines, have a strong quality mindset and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across business levels and functions.
- Multi-plant experience with global responsibility a plus.
We are an EOE/AA employer committed to workforce diversity.
No recruiters or phone calls.