Location: Florida - Riverview
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Operations - Oak Creek
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Calling all sports fans! Fanatics, Inc. is seeking energetic Operations Supervisors to work with our athletes (aka employees) and management teams in the Tampa Bay area. The role incumbent will play a vital role in assisting the organization with strategic and tactical support.
As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team merchandise by partnering with top leagues, clubs and soccer brands worldwide to offer the largest collection of timeless and timely gear from every pro and college team online, on your phone, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events. A top 50 Internet Retailer Company, Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics (www.fanatics.com), FansEdge (www.fansedge.com) and Kitbag (www.kitbag.com) brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic (www.fanaticsauthentic.com). A multi- channel company, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). The company's in-venue and event retail portfolio includes the NBA, NHL, NASCAR, Wimbledon, Kentucky Derby, The Ryder Cup, Manchester City, Texas Longhorns, Pittsburgh Pirates and New Jersey Devils, allowing fans to experience a seamless shopping experience across online, mobile and physical store locations.
Full Time Fanatics Associates are entitled to benefits such as medical, dental, and vision plans; paid time off; quarterly volunteer paid time off; holiday pay; 401k and applicable company match; and company discounts, during the terms of employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Supervises all shipping, receiving, and order processing; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on distribution center floor throughout the shift.
· Maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
· Reviews, prioritizes, and organizes all operational activities during shift.
· Forecasts staffing needs to meet peak demands of the business; participates in interviewing and hiring process.
· Trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines team being supervised; resolves personnel issues by partnering with HR manager and Ops/Sr Mgmt Team.
· Coordinates with HR Manager and/or Ops/Sr. Mgmt Team to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, timecard approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
· Develops on-going process improvements to drive departmental efficiency. Assists Ops/Sr. Mgmt with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
· Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
· Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
· Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for the team; ensure compliance with safety guidelines at all times.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Directly supervises up to 200 employees within the distribution center
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Experience analyzing large amounts of data to develop and execute a course of action
· Accountability for employee Performance, Quality and Development
· Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing barriers and resolving problems
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or 1-3 years of Fanatics experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
· Written and verbal fluency in English/Spanish
· Experience using performance management to coach employees on productivity and develop career pathing
· Experience using warehouse-based software
· Experience supporting hourly population in environments such as manufacturing, distribution, and/or call centers
· Experience managing teams of 25 or more
· Experience presenting content in a variety of environments to include business meetings, formations, standup, or town hall meetings
· Ability to influence peers and leaders across the company to drive the right outcomes, strong and proven influencing skills.
· Written communication: writes clearly and informatively, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
· Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.