Location: Florida - Jacksonville
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Buying & Merchandising
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, hard-working individual with the ability to think creatively, be proactive and make clear, well-reasoned decisions. We seek people with drive, passion and humility who can thrive in an entrepreneurial fast pace culture.
We are looking for individuals that will go above and beyond to contribute to the success of this world class organization. He/she must also be able to work collaboratively as a team and be a self-starter, keeping your finger on the pulse of the sports world, monitoring selling of teams and merchandise, working with world class vendors – such as Nike/Adidas/Under Armour/ Majestic, and driving overall top and bottom line results.
The Assistant Buyer position is our entry level merchandise role with a clearly defined and proven path to a Buyer through development/growth as a key executive in the company.
• Monitor the sports world on a daily basis. The performance of leagues, teams, and players directly impact the merchandise buying decisions.
• Assist in creating Industry Leading Product Assortments for all leagues and all categories.
• Work with the management team to interpret data sets to assist with key business decisions
• Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships. Research and resolve vendor issues.
• Collaborate with other buying/planning teams for assistance with hot market and major sporting events
• Work collaboratively with advertising staff and allocation team to ensure that all ad orders are properly allocated
• Prepare, organize and run the creation of new products.
• Work on special projects as assigned by Buyer and or Merchandise Manager
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Proactive, energetic, hard-working, intellectually curious and results- oriented
• Team player who can work effectively in a fast paced environment • Solid negotiation skills and highly developed problem solving skills required
• Comfort working with all employee levels – from executives to the warehouse associates
• Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel products
• A passion in sports! We are the brand of the fan
• Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Sports Management, Fashion Merchandising, or other related field from an accredited 4-year college or university
• A minimum of 3.0 GPA Dimensions This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
_Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at _www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.