Location: New York - New York
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Fanatics Betting & Gaming
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
FBG Enterprises is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join our Betting & Gaming team as a Director, Commercial & Business Development. This role will focus on building, evaluating, and managing partnership opportunities with key partners in the sports, media, and technology industries. In addition, the Director will work cross-functionally with other teams at the company, as well as other verticals within the Fanatics umbrella, serving as quarterback to execute on opportunities that will drive key company objectives and business growth.
· Identify, develop, and manage key 3rd party relationships with partners instrumental to the success of an online sports betting & iGaming platform
· Identify, develop, and manage partnerships with potential league, team, or media partners
· Proactively develop creative strategies to leverage 3rd party relationships in order to drive brand awareness and conversion
· Partner with cross-functional teams to facilitate and support execution and implementation of 3rd party projects
· Summarize and present business cases and project results
· Work with Marketing to audit delivery of partnership asset and rights; track, analyze and measure key success metrics related to each partnership
· Understand the impact of potential sports betting legislation on the business and how partners may be affected as well
· Strategize, collaborate, and execute across the different Fanatics verticals to drive successful outcomes for the organization as a whole and leverage the Fanatics assets to create consumer experiences differentiated from the competition
· 7-10 years of experience working in professional services and cross- functional business capacity, business development, or client management role, preferably in the sports industry.
· Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, analytical, data- driven environment, which also requires strong communication skills to effectively convey complex business concepts to current and prospective clients.
· Ability to multitask while managing and prioritizing multiple deadlines such as RFP’s, proposals, and presentations.
· Strong proficiency working with PowerPoint, Keynote, and other presentation platforms
· Comfortable engaging with major client decision-makers, as well as senior executives and leaders, either in one-on-one or small group presentations.
· Excellent writing skills, including content creation, editing, and proofreading.
· Ability to synthesize and simplify a wide range of complex data points into concise client reports.
· A self-motivated individual and good team player
· Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work
· Proficiency in financial analysis and forecasting, including use of MS Excel for modeling
· Ability to learn, adapt, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.