Location: Remote - USA
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Fanatics Betting & Gaming
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
_ The Role:_
At FBG we believe everything starts with our valued customers and we are focused on delivering a best-in-class sports betting and iGaming experience. We are looking for passionate talented engineers to help build our engineering organization, define our culture, and institute the best practices and technology. We believe a great product starts with the strength of its foundation. Through fundamentals and excellence in object-oriented design, coding patterns, modern open-source frameworks and 3rd party platform integrations we can achieve our goals to rapidly deliver and innovate in this exciting new market. This role involves direct collaboration with our design, product, frontend, and backend development teams to define and deliver a world class sports betting mobile experience. We are design and UX focused, we believe in turning complex problems into aesthetically beautiful and simple interfaces. We are one team, we employ the principles of data driven development, operational excellence, process calibration and efficiency to deliver a stable, extensible platform at scale. Most importantly, we should have fun while doing it.
_ Duties and responsibilities may include:_
● In this role you will be responsible for the sports betting platform in its entirety and be able to build and maintain the many services that make up the platform.
● You will work closely with our internal and external development teams to deliver a stable and reliable application in line with our product roadmap and schedule.
● You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not.
● You will work on projects and features with customers, stakeholders and peers while balancing customer requirements with team requirements.
● You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews.
● Being proficient with Java technologies and ensuring we are using best practices and guidelines, and design patterns.
_ What skills are important to us_
We value aptitude over experience but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team:
● 3+ years of experience with object-oriented programming languages, highly available distributed systems, event-driven architecture, complex 3rd party integrations
● Effectively communicate complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences (engineers, technical leaders, executives, non-technical functional leaders).
● Cultural and technical champion: Improves and champions our best practices and strives to make Fanatics a better place to work as an engineer.
● Ability to triage and debug system-wide production issues.
● Building highly scalable and fault tolerant systems in a highly regulated production environment.
● Understand business outcomes and drive technical solutions to help achieve our goals.
● Partnering with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, DevOps, Security, Front-end engineers)
● Passionate about working in a highly collaborative team environment
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.