Location: United Kingdom - Manchester
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Commerce Backend & Data Science
Fanatics is a leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings that excite fans and maximize the reach and presence for partners across the entire sports ecosystem. Come help us build a company the world has never seen before! We are first and foremost a technology company. We build innovative fan experiences through highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded collaboration. We are passionate about evaluating and finding the right tech for the jobs at hand, and we get excited about building solutions for modern challenges.
The purpose of this role is to build, run and improve a team of talented software engineers to deliver software systems, features and tools which enable the smooth running of the Fanatics business, platforms and operations. Work on the full lifecycle of applications from gathering/understanding requirements, analysis, design, development through testing, deployment and monitoring; maintaining the stability of the platform whilst delivering business value.
Daily tasks to include:
● Works with product and other partners to define, priorities and breakdown high level requirements into deliverable user stories based around the value delivered.
● Foster a strong team unit who work together to deliver.
● Coaching individuals and the team on lean/agile practices and the value mindset.
● Working with others to define technical roadmap and design/architect large scale solutions to fit within this.
● Hands on writing code to develop new feature sets, solve problems, improve functionality of Fanatics products, systems, and platforms.
● Support and grow existing talent to get the best out of people.
● Support existing solutions through complex problems solving and stakeholder management.
● Manage risk using appropriate techniques to ensure delivery whilst maintain stability of the platform.
● Work with product to manage stake holders and ensure delivery.
** The Person**
● Passionate about developing and hiring talented engineers.
● Constantly assessing where value can be delivered and what will make us stronger tomorrow.
● Likes to work in a collaborative way to engage those around them and avoid becoming a bottleneck.
● Ability to build strong relationships with peers, managers and both internal and external customers.
● Is a good communicator and comfortable acting as figurehead and liaison with external partners.
● Keen interest in improving themselves and others around them; treats learning as a priority not an afterthought.
** Should Have** :
● A good understanding of agile development processes (Lean/SCRUM/Kanban) and how to coach them.
● Experienced in using continuous delivery and other related practices to maximize delivery whilst reducing risk.
● Comfortable with techniques and principles such as TDD, BDD, Clean Code and SOLID, Design Patterns.
● Ability to design systems at a high level and take this all the way to delivery.
● Several years of experience of working with .Net or GO or other high- level language.
● Some experience of cloud technologies (AWS preferable), CI/CD tools and automated testing.
● Experience in leading a team of engineers and managing the people within it.
● Ability to coach others to increase skills (both technical and not).
● Background in overseeing delivery of projects with a team of engineers.
Familiarity with the following are a plus:
● Experience of operating 24x7 operational systems and maintaining up time.
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.