Location: Nevada - Las Vegas
Employment Type: Hourly
Team: Operations - Support/Continuous Improvement
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is crucial to the safety and
wellbeing of Fanatics Associates. The EH&S Specialist will work as a strategic
partner with all departments to ensure all environmental health and safety aspects
meet the standards of Fanatics and all governing bodies.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that all federal, state and local laws, regulations, standards and codes
• Drive the Safety mindset within Fanatics by encouraging a culture and
dedication in crafting a safe work environment for all associates and a willingness to
comply with all Fanatics safety policies and procedures
• Maintain and report daily, weekly, monthly safety metrics to be presented
within the facility and the network.
• Be responsible for the sites Safety Committee and serve as associate support
to the Safety Committee
• Lead the sites First Responder team and ensure compliance of all required
• Serve as contact for all governmental or outside safety inspections. Act as
representative of the FC for any local community safety councils or committees.
• Conduct training and mentor associates on work habits that align with
governing body regulations and Fanatics policies. Present training on all OSHA
required topics reflecting the Fanatics SOPs.
• Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the facility,
conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe
• Develop controls for identified hazards; coordinate the implementation of
controls that result from the hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the
effectiveness of the hazards control systems, policies, and procedures, and
recommend changes that reduce associate exposure to unsafe conditions.
• Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with applicable federal
and state regulations. Identify and advise management of compliance issues, safety
risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and
• Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed and new equipment
introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management,
including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
• Lead accident and incident investigations applying the 5 Why system.
Compile, analyze, interpret and report all accidents and findings. Supervise and
assist in the implementation of corrective actions.
• Partner with Human Resources to handle all workers compensation claims.
• Provide or facilitate immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests
that need assistance or medical attention.
• Maintain 5S database and perform 5S audits for all areas on a weekly basis.
• BS/BA degree or 4 years applicable experience in an Environmental Health
and Safety position.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• 1 year of experience in an Environmental Health and Safety position.
• Possess technical expertise in implementing safety controls, ability to apply
knowledge to continually improve our safety processes.
• Knowledgeable of OSHA standards
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
• Ability to balance multiple projects
• Individual must be available to handle Facility related emergencies
• Ability to work non-regular hours as business needs require
_Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at _www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.