Location: Washington, D.C
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Retail & In-Venue
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
The General Manager will report to the District Manager and/or Regional Director and work a rotating, full-time schedule including days, nights, weekends, extended hours on game days and during events.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive operational excellence by creating strategic plans and initiating actions that support company objectives
· Drive the implementation of all Company initiatives through clearly communicated objectives and team priorities
· Present the store strategy to Retail Leadership, Corporate Business Partners, and Team Partners to inform and educate them on the business, operational efficiencies, product sell through and customer feedback
· Act as liaison for Team Partner and funnel requests to Fanatics Business Partners as necessary
· Analyze metrics, daily operations, and P&L to identify opportunities and create initiatives in partnership with the store leadership team to drive operational excellence
· Quickly adapt and deliver in a fast-paced, high growth environment while leading change
· Demonstrate and maintain the highest levels of fan experience
· Incorporating Fanatics values when planning daily operational excellence for the Team
· Recruit and build a strong team while driving a culture of high performance and engagement that translates into a best in class fan experience
· Assess internal talent and recommend a succession plan for employees to Human Resources, District manager and/or Regional Director
· Delegate ‘Manager on Duty’ responsibilities when appropriate
· Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve goals
Education, Experience and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred, not required
· Minimum five years retail management experience, preferably flagship store/high profile
· Must possess effective communication and problem-solving skills, collaborative with strong influencing and interpersonal skills
· Highest level of integrity and ethics, both professional and personal
· Experience managing a team of both exempt and non-exempt employees strongly preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and retail point of sales systems
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven ability to identify business trends and collaborate with cross functional partners to develop appropriate plans to drive results
· Proficiency in understanding the fan base to ensure actions taken are in support of maximizing market trends and needs
· Strong experience with retail finance, including P&L management
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to lead operational excellence
· Ability to work independently while still adhering to company/departmental standards
· Demonstrated ability to provide clear direction to achieve goals and assign tasks to all employees while offering support and follow up as necessary
· Experience managing employee relations in partnership with human resources to comply with company policies, state and/or local laws and union activity if applicable
· Demonstrate ability to create an inclusive environment that fosters development of others; supports constructive conflict resolution
· Regularly required to sit stand, reach, bend and move about the facility as needed
Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
· Game Day scheduling may have exposure to various weather elements (rainy, windy, cold, high temperatures, etc.) if assigned location is outside of the shop
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
_Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at _www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.