Location: Florida - Jacksonville
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Security & Compliance
Fanatics is a leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings that excite fans and maximize the reach and presence for partners across the entire sports ecosystem. Come help us build a company the world has never seen before! We are first and foremost a technology company. We build innovative fan experiences through highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded collaboration. We are passionate about evaluating and finding the right tech for the jobs at hand, and we get excited about building solutions for modern challenges.
Fanatics Commerce is searching for a Security Analyst II to join our Security Operations team. Information Security team members are given a great deal of autonomy in the pursuit of keeping Fanatics secure and a successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, superior communication skills, and is expected to be comfortable and effective working independently and as part of a larger, highly-distributed team.
We're looking specifically for folks who place an emphasis on usable security. Fanatics is a fast-growing company, and our security program needs to be able to keep pace with that growth while not disrupting innovation.
· Monitor and investigate alerts, network traffic, and system logs to identify signals of malicious activity.
· Investigate potential system/network incidents, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identifying the specific vulnerability; and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation or escalating as needed.
· Conduct sensitive investigations at the direction of HR and Legal.
· Help deploy and operate internal Fanatics security systems.
· Occasionally act as lead and participate as a team member on small to medium sized projects.
· Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation, helping triage and respond to security incidents as they arise.
· Provide support for internal end users by resolving or routing issues that come in via tickets, chat, and email.
· Coordinate with other teams in IT to enforce standards for endpoint security, vulnerability management, and system hardening.
· Contribute to documentation; processes, standard operating procedures, playbooks, and after action reports.
· Create small, automated SOAR playbooks to respond to commonly encountered incidents.
· Create audit artifacts and coordinate with other teams as needed to fulfill all requirements for compliance initiatives.
Experience and Skills:
· High level of commitment, energy and creativity with the ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with a STRONG desire to learn.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers.
· Strong analytical skills, including structured problem solving and instinctive thinking.
· Meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
· Hands on experience working within a formal incident response process and conducting forensic investigations.
· Intermediate level understanding of networking fundamentals; OSI model, TCP/IP, HTTPS, firewalls, network intrusion detection and prevention, packet analysis.
· Solid grasp of information security fundamentals including, but not strictly limited to; incident response, access controls, network intrusion prevention, and event correlation.
· Experience working with enterprise level access management, SIEM, IDS/IPS, end-point protection, and multi-factor authentication systems.
· Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting in a heterogeneous operating environment, including hands-on, administrative experience with at least two of the following operating systems: Windows, Macintosh, or Linux.
· Ability to perform basic tasks using scripting and query languages; Python, Powershell, SQL, etc.
Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in the field of Information Security.
College Degree in a related field (Information Security, Information Systems, Computer Science/Computer Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
One or more of the following certifications preferred: Security+, SSCP, GSEC.
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.