Location: Remote - New York
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Fanatics Betting & Gaming
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
** The Role:**
We are seeking a Senior Director of Engineering to run our Sportsbook Platform Vertical. This role is responsible for defining, implementing, training, and executing against our sportsbook platform strategy, creating processes, and building tools within Fanatics Betting and Gaming. The Senior Director of Engineering, Sportsbook Platform is an expert technologist with experience in managing multiple teams that can influence and defend our quality posture for our customer by developing and managing our sportsbook platform.
** Duties and responsibilities may include:**
● Recruit and build out a best-in-class Engineering organization to build scaled distributed systems that are high quality and highly reliable. Manages multiple development teams and a platform that supports all products within the Fanatics Betting & Gaming product line.
● Responsible for Vision, Mission, Strategy, Goals and Roadmap (and execution of said roadmap) around areas of ownership
● Collaborate and coordinate complex projects across multiple 3rd party vendors
● Work closely with Marketing and Operations Stakeholders to drive a roadmap.
● Develop a deep understanding of Fanatics Betting & Gaming and the opportunities for our customers.
● Identify technology gaps and opportunities, taking ownership for the technology roadmap within the space and ensuring appropriate engineering investments in the underlying platform.
● Drive predictability and reliability through Operational Excellence and create clear objectives and transparency through use of data and KPIs.
● Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, inside and outside of Engineering, and collaborate with leaders to prioritize technical efforts and provide input on product features and capabilities.
● Provide leadership and technical expertise within the engineering organization. Be a mentor and role model for engineering.
● Remain current on technology and trends in engineering.
** What skills are important to us:**
● 10+ years of progressive engineering experience, with 5+ being in a management role (but we always value aptitude over experience)
● Has been a leader in or ran an Engineering team before
● Strong technical skills to translate business needs into engineering opportunities to drive the strategic agenda, in a continuous delivery environment.
● Heavily data-driven and can drive outcomes through experiments and feature development
● Demonstrated ability to partner closely with the engineering team and implement appropriate tools and practices that balance quality with productivity.
● Experience managing engineering departments or engineering functions, overseeing large and complex technology and processes.
● Strong executive presentation and communication skills.
● Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills.
● Global experience preferred.
● Positive and flexible attitude to work in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
● Strong report writing skills with the ability to gather, evaluate and analyze relevant information while structuring material in a logical and coherent manner.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.