Location: California - San Mateo
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Digital Marketing
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Fanatics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join our digital marketing team. The Marketing Analyst will manage bidding operations for paid search and paid social campaigns, both critical marketing channels for Fanatics’ short-term and long-term financial success. This includes optimizing spend across 100+ websites, identifying growth and optimization opportunities using data, and providing actionable insights for testing. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate digital marketing professional to make a lasting impact on a fast-growing company. The ideal candidate should be organized, detail oriented, and highly analytical. The candidate should also enjoy working collaboratively on a fast paced, data driven marketing team. Keeping up with pro and collegiate sports is a plus.
· Responsible for day to day bidding operations for multi-million dollar portfolio (includes 100+ domains) for Paid Search and Paid Social.
· Use analytical skills to identify growth & optimization opportunities, effectively gather & analyze channel performance using large datasets, and use data to inform business decisions
· Own testing end-to-end to drive growth and increase efficiency. Design, launch, manage, report on, and scale results.
· Keep key stakeholders informed about channel performance against company goals.
· Collaborate with marketing analytics, marketing tech, and platform account managers to continuously innovate bidding algorithm and bidding operations.
· Identify and address any data, platform or technology gaps that might hinder successful test and learn deployment.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· 2+ years Digital Marketing experience, preferably in Paid Search or Paid Social at a medium or large ecommerce company.
· Strong analytical skills: a proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics.
· Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) and a positive attitude
· Detail oriented
· Ability to change focus easily and multitask
· Expertise with Excel or equivalent data analysis tools.
· Willingness to dedicate time outside of normal business hours to help manage campaigns during major sporting events (i.e. College National Championships, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, etc.).
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
_Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at _www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.