Location: MD-DC Metro Area
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Fanatics Betting & Gaming
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
· Assist the Sportsbook General Manager in identifying high and low performing aspects of the sportsbook and developing a strategy focusing on performance growth
· Responsible for the overall sportsbook operations in the absence of the Sportsbook General Manager
· Effectively manage and schedule sports book ticket writers and supervisors to ensure full coverage of sports book terminals
· Write compliance paperwork/MTLs and ensure internal and external incidents are immediately reported to the correct authorities
· Manage cash drops and cash replenishment
· Approve ticket cashing as determined by approval matrix and internal controls
· Maintain thorough knowledge of sport betting terminology to assist customers with placing wagers
· Ensure all department policies and procedures are adhered to daily
· Develop relationships with customers and ensure they feel welcome and safe
· Maintain operating supplies
· Provide support to ticket writers to handle customer complaints/disputes
· Assist in handling the day-to-day activities of the sportsbook, including creating and distributing and replenishing odds sheets, creating odds boards and maintaining TVs
· Foster an environment focused on customer service and compliance
· Must make the property look clean and neat while maintaining a crisp, professional appearance
· Provide guidance and feedback to the sportsbook team to get them working to a high standard
· Other assigned duties
High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
1+ years’ experience with cash handling and sportsbook betting experience preferred.
1+ years’ ticket writer/cashier experience preferred.
Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to life, pull or push 25 lbs.
· Must be able to write for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to twist, bend or reach with no significant boundaries
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.