Location: Remote - USA
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Fanatics Betting & Gaming
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
· Working closely with the Product, Engineering, and Business teams to build elegant tier-one user experiences that achieve business objectives
· Work cross-functionally with Fanatics Holdco to capture elements of Fanatics digital properties inside FBG products, including e-commerce, NFTs, ticketing/experiences, and future business verticals that Fanatics Holdco enters into
· Build and maintain a design system that allows for scalable product feature sets across FBG products
· Create detailed user flows, wireframes, etc., communicating UX clearly to relevant teams and the rationale for decisions that were made
· Prototype user experiences and work with your UX Research team to coordinate and run tests with end users
· Quickly iterate and offer versions based on feedback from internal stakeholders and end users
· Capture and think through logical/implementable solutions for edge- cases and unhappy paths for engineering teams to build out
· Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion, using common prototyping tools
· QA developed software for visual accuracy, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions until product launch
Experience and Skills
· 6+ years of progressive UI/UX product design experience (strong preference for digital native mobile app design) at consumer-focused technology companies
· Experience building and leading a UI/UX team of highly skilled designers and researchers
· Strong UI/UX product design skills
· Experience building design systems, interaction patterns, and limitations of cross functional platforms - specifically iOS, Android and web apps
· Highly attentive to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases
· Strong UX, testing, research and IA skills
· Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Iterative approach to product design, ensuring a cohesive and unified product experience across product suite
· Cognitive awareness of wider business goals, delivering intuitive and user-centered design solutions
· Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their objectives
· Experience working closely with engineers and product managers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences
· Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI
· Proficient with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, InVision, Principle and other design and prototyping tools
· Experience working closely with engineers in an agile product development process
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.