Location: California - San Mateo
Employment Type: Salaried
Fanatics is a leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings that excite fans and maximize the reach and presence for partners across the entire sports ecosystem. Come help us build a company the world has never seen before! We are first and foremost a technology company. We build innovative fan experiences through highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded collaboration. We are passionate about evaluating and finding the right tech for the jobs at hand, and we get excited about building solutions for modern challenges.
Staff Software Engineer, Data Platforms Architecture
At Fanatics, we truly believe in putting Data at the forefront of delivering a highly engaging and exciting experience for our sports fans! The Data Architecture team’s charter is to continually develop the vision for Fanatics’ portfolio of data platforms, define strategies for achieving that vision and collaborate with other teams to materialize that vision.
· Hands on contribution to the vision and development of Data Platforms, Infrastructure and Tools: data cataloging, data governance, MPP compute engines and databases, streaming & batch pipelines, data services, frameworks to facilitate data access, logging & analytics, workload automation and monitoring tools.
· Deliver high quality, robust and scalable code.
· Collaborate and communicate effectively with the team and internal customers to deliver impactful platforms and services.
· Evaluate and embrace new technologies. Job Requirements
· Excellent understanding of and experience with developing and handling distributed systems in the cloud using open-source technologies
· Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud platforms.
· Knowledge of common design patterns and architecture used in Big Data processing and Data Warehousing.
· Experience in developing distributed systems leveraging OO and functional programming languages
· Proficiency in any 2 of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, Go
· Hands-on experience in development in the Hadoop ecosystem, preferably Spark.
· Experience with and deep understanding of distributed databases such as: Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, Teradata, etc.
· Knowledge and experience in designing and developing RESTful services.
· Experience in partnering with architects, engineers in building and managing data environments that are sophisticated, enterprise wide, multi- tenant, and host large volume of data.
· Great teammate with excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Masters degree preferred with 3+ years of applicable experience or a Bachelor’s degree preferred with 5+ years of applicable experience in Computer Science, EE or equivalent is preferred.
· Exposure to messaging platform such as Kafka and Apache Pulsar is preferred.
· Experience with Linux/Unix system administration preferred.
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.