Location: Remote - USA
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Fanatics Betting & Gaming
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
** The Role:**
This role will span across our Marketing Technology and Operations Technology teams. This role involves direct collaboration with our internal engineering teams, customer service & operations teams as well as our marketing teams to define and deliver world class tools and capabilities to provide the best promotions, rewards and customer service to our users. We are highly customer focused with our internal teams. We believe in turning complex problems and workflows into easy journeys and simple interfaces for our internal customers. We are one team, we employ the principles of data driven development, operational excellence, process calibration and efficiency to deliver a stable, extensible platform at scale. Most importantly, we should have fun while doing it.
** Duties and responsibilities may include:**
● You will work closely with our internal and external development teams to deliver a stable and reliable application and integrations in line with our product roadmap and schedule.
● You will define best practices, frameworks and our 3rd party business intelligence tools and ensure they are properly deployed within the platform.
● As a technology leader you will need a fundamental understanding of our product, feature set and roadmap, and work closely with the product to make the right technology decisions to enable the team for streamlined growth and future development.
● You will work with complex integrations with a variety of 3rd party tooling across the MarTech and OpsTech space.
** What skills are important to us:**
● We value aptitude over experience but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team.
● Effectively communicate complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences (engineers, technical leaders, executives, non-technical functional leaders).
● Cultural and technical champion: Improves and champions our best practices and strives to make Fanatics a better place to work as an engineer.
● Ability to triage and debug system-wide production issues.
● Building highly scalable and fault tolerant systems in a highly regulated production environment.
● Leads discovery, design and architect solutions for complex projects.
● Understand business outcomes and drive technical solutions to help achieve our goals.
● Familiarity with: Object oriented programming languages, highly available distributed systems, event-driven architecture, complex 3rd party integrations.
● Partnering with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, DevOps, Marketing, CS)
● Passionate about working in a highly collaborative team environment
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.