Location: Minnesota - Minneapolis
Employment Type: Hourly
Team: Retail & In-Venue
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
The Retail Supervisor plays a critical role in the store and/or venue assisting the Leadership team with creating the ultimate game day and fan experience by leading the front-line part-time retail team (Retail Associate/ Retail Lead). The Retail Supervisor will drive results through coaching to carry out operational excellence expectations.
The Retail Supervisor will work a full-time schedule including days, nights, weekends, extended hours on game day and during events.
General Duties and Responsibilities :
· Drive sales results by consistent execution of daily operations
· Support back of house operations; maintain stockroom organization
· Demonstrated proficiency of Fanatics and Retail operation systems including but not limited to POS, OpSuite, My Playbook, Service Now and OKTA
· Make recommendations to Leadership team when making decision including but not limited to; revenue targets, per cap and UPT (unit per time)
· Work with Retail Associates to ensure an exemplary fan experience
· Communicate expectations for assignments and projects to part-time retail team (Retail Associate/ Retail Lead)
· Provide training and assistance to all part-time retail team (Retail Associate/ Retail Lead)
· Coach part-time retail team (Retail Associate/ Retail Lead) based on observed job performance and knowledge of operational excellence to ensure an exemplary fan experience
· Encourages and models Fanatics Values
· Perform ‘Manager on Duty responsibilities’
Education, Experience and Requirements
· Minimum 18 years of age
· Minimum two years working in retail or sales preferred
· Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
· Foreign language skills are a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Possess a fun, outgoing, confident, professional demeanor
· Prior leadership experience preferred
Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and coach teams
Ability to anticipate and solve problems and act decisively
· Ability to represent Fanatics/League/Team Values and standards
· Ability to balance, prioritize and delegate multiple projects while remaining calm under pressure
· Strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
· Regularly required to sit stand, reach, bend and move about the facility as needed
Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
· Game Day scheduling may have exposure to various weather elements (rainy, windy, cold, high temperatures, etc.) if assigned location is outside of the shop
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
_Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at _www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.