Location: Remote - USA
Employment Type: Salaried
Team: Fanatics Collectibles
About the Team
Fanatics Collectibles is a new company working at the intersection of collectibles and technology. Backed by some of the best investors, sports properties and operators in the world, we are integrating with Fanatics’ global digital sports platform – which includes 900 sports relationships and more than 81 million reachable fans - to reimagine the collectibles business for the 21st century.
VP, Data & Analytics – Fanatics Collectibles
We are looking to hire a data & analytics expert to join the Fanatics Collectibles team. The **VP, Data & Analytics **will be responsible for Fanatics Collectibles consumer data and insights vision, strategy and execution. This person will build and lead a best-in-class data organization and team that will partner across the broader Fanatics eco-system. This is a highly strategic role however, also requires the willingness to execute and operate within a start-up environment.
· Building and managing customer profiles for existing trading card and broader collectible market
· Determining size of markets and potential forward TAM (# of collectors, total spend, etc)
· Tracking competitive market data including: print runs, # of products, product mix, price points, social chatter, collector feedback, etc.
· Tracking value of the sealed wax (product) market over time, including historical and forward looking projected
· Tracking value of single cards (both raw and graded) historical and forward looking
· Tracking broad collectible market trends and link to drivers such as macro economy and rise of digital collectibles / NFTs, but also micro trends such as player performance and construct of a given year (eg blue chip rookies v not)
· Reviewing and supporting product development process by providing data and insights (eg consumer willingness to pay based on set characteristics, optimal print runs for sets, recommended pricing and format, etc)
· Applying predictive analytics to support forward looking projections
· Building consumer data tools that can help consumers improve their ability to review and track their investments and assess prospective purchases
· 10 years of relevant Data Science, Applied Mathematics, and/or IT experience. Corporate experience associated with Data Science is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage large and complex data sets, with a particular focus on consumer and or investment-like profiles (optimal if both)
· Experience building a team and data sets largely from scratch
· Experience building workable data visualizations that can be leveraged across the organization easily and or by end consumers
· Comfort working in a fast paced, variable and entrepreneurial environment
· Understanding or passion for trading card market is highly desired though not required for right candidate
· Experience w/ database systems (redshift, mssql) and map reduce frameworks
· Data visualization tools (eg tableau, r, jupyter)
· ML Ops (eg sagemaker, datarobot, neptune etc)
Fanatics is building the leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans, and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Leveraging these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as the global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
_Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at _www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.