Location: California - Brisbane
Employment Type: Seasonal
Team: Retail & In-Venue
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team merchandise by partnering with top leagues, clubs and soccer brands worldwide to offer the largest collection of timeless and timely gear from every pro and college team online, on your phone, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events. A top 50 Internet Retailer Company, Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics (www.fanatics.com), FansEdge (www.fansedge.com) and Kitbag (www.kitbag.com) brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic (www.fanaticsauthentic.com). A multi- channel company, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). The company's in- venue and event retail portfolio includes the NBA, NHL, NASCAR, Wimbledon, Kentucky Derby, The Ryder Cup, Manchester City, Texas Longhorns, Pittsburgh Pirates and New Jersey Devils, allowing fans to experience a seamless shopping experience across online, mobile and physical store locations.
The Retail Driver plays a critical role in the store and/or venue assisting the Management Team with creating the ultimate game day and shopping experience for our fans by leading the front line selling effort. The Retail Driver will drive results through effective communication and team building.
This position could be full or part-time depending on the specific needs of the property and will work a rotating, schedule including days, nights, and rotating weekends.
General Duties and Responsibilities :
· Drive sales results by executing the sales/operations plans
· Support back of house operations; maintain stockroom organization
· Utilize business metrics in decision making, including but not limited to; revenue targets, per cap and UPT
· Communicate expectations for assignments and projects to employees under your supervision
· Provide training and assistance to new employees as required
· Provide feedback to associates based on observed job performance, fan comments and knowledge of the work environment
Education, Experience and Requirements
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Minimum one year working in retail or sales preferred
· Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
· Availability to work extended hours on game days and during events
· Foreign language skills are a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Possess a fun, outgoing, confident, professional demeanor
· Prior leadership or management experience preferred
· Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct team
· Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles
· Ability to represent Fanatics/League/Team Values and standards
· Able to balance and prioritize multiple projects while remaining calm under pressure
· Available to work varied shifts including; weekend, closing and holiday shifts
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to complete two step network duo verification for the rare instance where required to do so
· Must meet a DMV report along with a background check.
· Must be 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
· Regularly required to sit stand, reach, bend and move about the facility as needed
Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
· Game Day scheduling may have exposure to various weather elements (rainy, windy, cold, high temperatures, etc.) if assigned location is outside of the shop
Will be driving all around the bay area, from Santa Clara to Oakland.
Shift will begin at 7:30 AM and can vary to 8:00 PM
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
_Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at _www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS : In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. _ _ We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.