Location: San Francisco, California
Employment Type: Full-time
**About Us: **
Finix is the smartest way for businesses to own, manage, and monetize payments. Built by payments experts from Klarna, PayPal, and Worldpay, Finix is trusted by companies like Lightspeed POS Inc., Passport, and Clubessential to build and scale their payments infrastructure. Finix is headquartered in San Francisco, with an additional office in Chicago, Illinois. Finix is a privately held company funded by American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others. To learn more, visit https://finix.com/.
**About the role **
The Senior Product Designer will be responsible for designing Finix’s new web dashboard. The dashboard experience is the linchpin of our company strategy. It is also the first thing our customers see & how they interact with our product. Using user-centered UX design methodologies grounded in empathy for our users, you will work with PMs to understand product requirements and create design specs for our engineers. You will shape how our customers view, interact, and ultimately experience Finix’s products!
Details of the work
- Work with PM to understand product requirements to develop user experience requirements for the dashboard feature
- Conduct contextual user research to understand how users do their jobs, what their pain points are, how Finix resolves those pain points, and opportunities to improve users’ experience
- Develop a detailed information architecture for Finix’s dashboard
- Create low-fi user experience prototypes to validate the high-level experience with PM and other stakeholders
- Generate lo-fi sketches of screens and user flows to explore all available design possibilities
- Develop mid-fi interactive prototypes in Figma to validate that your designs achieve all user experience requirements and product requirements
- Work within the existing Finix dashboard design system to identify limitations and improve it alongside our system designer Incorporate feedback from PM and engineers into your designs
- Conduct user testing sessions with sample users, identify key insights and iterate on your design
- Prepare final specs in Figma for developers to build, documenting all screens, states, interactions, and errors
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.