Location: San Francisco, California
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Support Engineering
**About Us: **
Finix is the smartest way for businesses to own, manage, and monetize
payments. Built by payments experts from Klarna, PayPal, and Worldpay, Finix
is trusted by companies like Lightspeed POS Inc., Passport, and Clubessential
to build and scale their payments infrastructure. Finix is headquartered in
San Francisco, with an additional office in Chicago, Illinois. Finix is a
privately held company funded by American Express Ventures, Bain Capital
Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia
Capital, Visa, and others. To learn more, visit https://finix.com/.
About the Role:
As a member of the Technical Implementation Team as a Solutions Engineer, you
are the front line and the face of Finix. You will interact with customers
daily and help them on their path to becoming payment facilitators, helping
them to implement and make Finix customers successful. This is a customer-
facing cross-functional role and you will be collaborating across multiple
teams including but not limited to our Revenue, Product, and Engineering
teams. You will be guiding our customers through technical solutions and best
practices to ensure our customers are technically implementing our solutions
correctly while providing a great customer experience.
We are looking for a candidate who is a payment nerd (preferred but not
required) or is interested in being one. Additionally, successful candidates
are natural problem-solvers and show a curiosity about how the industry works.
They are excited to help our customers build their own perfect payments stack.
Strong acumen for API solution management, best practices, development, and
technical project management.
- Conduct customer discovery calls with revenue team(s), Drafting and delivering presentations on targeted Finix products and services
- Supporting the revenue team with all technical related queries
- Successfully implement Finix APIs end to end as it relates to our products and services, consulting technical solutions, development resources, and best practices
- Troubleshoot, debug, and document technical customer issues and solutions
- Build strong relationships with Finix customers, work with them to resolve their issues including identifying product gaps and enhancement, and work to implement solutions and improvements
- Act as a customer advocate in cross-functional product meetings, raising blocker and risk to implement Finix products and services for our customers
- Collaborate with the Revenue, Product, and Engineering teams on projects, features, and tasks along with managing priorities to unblock customers to help them have a successful experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar experience (Open to DevBootcamp graduates and non-college graduates with working technical customer-facing experience)
- Have 3 to 5 years of technical customer experience in technical implementation, sales engineering, product technical support, or technical project management, with hands-on customer-facing technical experience.
- Strong working experience with RESTful JSON APIs, Curl Commands, SQL, scripting languages, debugging, log aggregators, and web technologies Strong written and verbal communication skills. You believe in being open, honest, and direct in your communications
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment and interacting with a high volume of customers every day, team-oriented, and hungry to learn
- Strong foundational knowledge of APIs and can explain the concept to a five-year-old easily
Bonus points if you have:
- Built web apps using APIs
- Strong knowledge of API development best practices
- Payments experience (Payment Gateway, Acquiring, Issuers, Card Networks)
- Technical Project Management skills
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status,
or any other protected class.