Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Software Engineering
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to
get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the
environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us
forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's
leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users
sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast,
laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission
to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
The SRE team
Reliability Engineering at Getaround encompasses the disciplines of site
reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and developer
productivity. Our team ensures that Getaround’s infrastructure is able to
scale massively, while also delivering resilient systems, good performance,
and tools that have a huge impact on our entire engineering team.
This role will focus on developer productivity.
What you will bring to the team
Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual
experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for
rigorous people with a strong hacker mindset who cherish creating highly
reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you will work on:
- Ensure our applications run smoothly in terms of stability, performance.
- Support the developers to ensure they have the best possible tools to get their work done
- Develop and enrich our growing monitoring infrastructure
- Develop and maintain our deployments and CI tools
- Participate and take decisions to scale up our current stack
- Share your knowledge with the team, participate in documentation and presentations
- Automate (almost) everything: Infrastructure, CI, Deployment, Monitoring, and so on
What skills we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience
- Shipped and maintained code in production
- Good knowledge of Ruby and Rails.
- Experience with a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Meticulous mindset but you also understand that software engineering is about making trade-offs, balancing business and technical needs
- Prior experience designing interfaces for developers with attention to design, reproducibility, and testability
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team, ability to work with non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you match 100% of
the job specifications!
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails 6 with Ruby 2.7 & 3.0
- Python 3.x
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI
- Average of 10 deployments to production daily
- MySQL 8, Redis 6, Snowflake
- Heroku and AWS as hosting providers
- Monitoring with New Relic and the TIG stack (Telegraf, Influxdb, Grafana)
- Terraform to automate everything
Why you should apply
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the centre of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. Our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 2 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications). Full Remote from France accepted. Like all our employees, you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- Health insurance
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- Competitive salary, tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter and/or Github usernames are appreciated!