Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Business Development
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to
get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the
environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us
forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
We’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5
million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 8 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work
smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our
mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- As a Business Development Manager you will be an important part of our journey to build a stronger presence for Getaround and develop its business locally in the UK market. You will be based in the UK or in one of our European offices in Paris or Oslo. Nonetheless you will work closely with all our European teams.
What you’ll work on:
- Help define and implement growth strategies alongside key stakeholders within the company that will enable Getaround to succeed in the UK.
- Develop new and existing supply partnerships (e.g. car fleet owners, local car rental companies, etc) through continuous outreach and ad hoc face-to-face/virtual meetings, and build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead strategic discussions with municipalities, cities, real estate and/or parking companies to obtain carsharing-friendly mobility schemes and affordable parking spots for our car owners.
- Keep a pulse on the local competitive market and opportunities to help advise our strategic plans.
- Be the voice of UK partners internally. Make sure that Getaround is living up to local expectations.
Who you will work with:
- You will work closely with the Account Management team in Paris who handles the day-to-day contact with professional supply partners in all the European markets including the UK. You will also work with the Business Development Managers from the other European markets.
- You will report to August, our Head of Business Development for Northern Europe (Norway, UK, Germany and Austria).
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in a business development / growth role
- You have a proven track record of delivering results in a cross-functional and high-growth environment
- Local market expertise (understanding the mobility market demands and trends)
- You have experience building successful and lasting relationships with key partners
- A "think out of the box" mindset, so you can develop creative means to support growth within a changing and demanding business environment
- You have great interpersonal skills and the ability to work with great autonomy
- Perfectly fluent in English
What we offer:
- Getaround is a fast-growing startup with global headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria.
- The option to be based remotely in the UK or in one of our European offices; in Oslo or Paris. Frequent travel to your market and our European offices is expected.
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings