Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Business Development
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to
get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the
environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us
forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
We’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5
million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 8 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work
smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our
mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- Getaround works with all types of car owners, from the private car owners (willing to offset the cost of their cars), to professionals of the automotive industry, putting hundreds or even thousands of cars on the platform. We also partner more and more with municipalities (Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Bruxelles, Oslo, etc.) to provide on-street parking spots which improves the customer experience.
- Your mission - for France, Belgium and Spain - will be to develop our relationships with strategic supply partners and municipalities, while managing your team (3 people today). More generally, you will enable our owners to grow their business.
What you’ll work on:
- Set individual and team targets, close follow-up with direct reports and participate in overall development of you team (hiring, training, guidance)
- Provide accurate reporting to the executive team, and help build the strategic development plan for Southern Europe
- Develop existing key accounts (ie. with more than 100 cars on the platform) through continuous outreach, ad hoc face-to-face/virtual meetings, and build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead strategic discussions with OEMs, car rental agencies, car dealerships, car sellers and more generally, key players of the automotive sectors, and find the adequate partnerships to attract them to the Getaround platform.
- Grow relationships with the municipalities to obtain carsharing-friendly mobility schemes and affordable parking spots for our owners.
Who you will work with:
- You will manage a team of key account managers and public affairs specialists and you will work closely with the rest of the European teams - notably August, our Head of Business Development Northern Europe (Norway, UK, Germany, Austria)
- You will report to Even, our Europe VP Supply, member of the EU Executive Team.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience in a business development / growth role
- Strong experience managing partnerships and strategic relationship, ideally in the automotive / mobility sector
- Knowledge of public affairs / city relations / association relations
- Experience in the mobility or startup environment is a plus
- A "think out of the box" mindset, so you can develop creative means to support growth within a changing and demanding business environment
- Great communication skills and a collaborative mindset,
- Excellent business acumen
- Complete fluency in French and English (a third language would be a plus, ideally Spanish).
What we offer:
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We have headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo
- A remote-friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 3 days of remote work per week. Like all our employees, you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- Health insurance