Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Software Engineering
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to
get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the
environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us
forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's
leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users
sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast,
laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission
to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
How we work
We work closely together in
squads on the full lifecycle of
a feature. That helps us scale and ensure everyone has an impact across team
boundaries, so solid communication and imagination are a daily part of
the development process.
What you will bring to the team
Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual
experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for
rigorous people with a strong product mindset who cherish creating
highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive
What you will work on:
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation, maintenance and polish.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
- You'll gain ownership on a part of the codebase, and contribute to growing it in accordance with our standards and good practices
- You will review code from your peers.
- You will use and contribute to our in-house design system.
- You will collaborate as a team on product vision and software design decisions.
What skills we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience
- Shipped and maintained code in production
- Experienced with building responsive web applications using RESTful web services and processing JSON data
- A passion for UI, UX, and Design Systems and working with designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences across devices
- Meticulous mindset but you also understand that software engineering is about making trade-offs, balancing business and technical needs
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you match 100% of
the job specifications!
Our Tech Stack
- Webpack, Yarn, Babel
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
- A strong internal design system
- Monitoring dashboards built with New Relic and the TIG stack (Telegraf, Influxdb, Grafana)
Why you should apply
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the centre of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. Our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 2 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications). Full Remote from France accepted. Like all our employees, you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- Health insurance
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- Competitive salary, tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter and/or Github usernames are appreciated!