Location: Oakland - Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry
staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for
people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the
most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees,
and our environment.
About the Role
The Good Eggs Accounting team is key to our mission to pioneer a better way to
feed families, without settling. We are expanding to new regions and are
seeking an experienced Controller to lead our accounting function and scale
financial controls, facilitating reaching our expansion goals, profitably. The
Controller will be responsible for accurate and timely financial statements on
Good Eggs operations, maintenance and implementation of adequate systems for
accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets, to ensure
that reported results comply with GAAP accounting principals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing accounting policies and procedures that ensure finance statements are in compliance with GAAP accounting principles.
- Oversee activities of the accounting team for the accurate and timely distribution of financial reports for the management, board and investors.
- Oversee transactional finance activities including processing of accounts payable, accounts receivables, purchasing, inventory, expense reporting and payroll processing.
- Responsible for cash management, investment and banking.
- Assure tax compliance with accurate and timely completion of all corporate, statutory, income and indirect tax requirements.
- Develop internal accounting practices and controls that maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow. Manage these processes to ensure a timely & accurate financial close.
- Partner with the CFO, external auditors and other stakeholders to create financial records, controls and processes that position Good Eggs for a successful IPO in the future.
- Manage and lead the evolution of all Finance Accounting systems, including Netsuite and Expensify.
- Manage other business requirements such as insurance, licenses, etc.
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Work with teams across the company to identify, design and implement process improvements.
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, CPA is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in accounting/finance.
- Previous experience with public accounting/audit firms with hands-on technical experience combined with experience in smaller private companies OR experience at start-up organizations with some recent experience in a start-up that is in the $100M+ revenue range.
- Experience with accounting & control functions in a fast-growing, distributed company.
- Experience in retail, manufacturing or CPG industries along with operations and inventory management.
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven mindset, with the experience to continuously improve.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse set of teams and geographies with varying levels of financial experience.
- A proven track record of reliability, consistency, and a sharp eye for detail.
- Experience managing internal and/or external accounting resources.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems.
Why work for Good Eggs?
• Work for a purpose-driven company
• An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished
• Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off
groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the
opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
• Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
• The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market
that is quickly shifting online
• Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2
on the Midas List), Paul Hudson (Glade Brook Capital), Chuck Templeton
(Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal
Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in
accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote
individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We
are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.