Location: Oakland - Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Analyst, you’ll collaborate with a passionate team of engineers, analysts, and data scientists to own the design, execution, and ongoing support of critical data warehousing projects enabling accurate reporting and advanced analytics.
Our business model brings up diverse and interesting challenges in areas like marketing and purchasing of perishable or limited availability goods, customer buying patterns, personalization, and retention, and logistics strategies for our fulfillment centers. You’ll build effective dashboards and data visualizations to support the understanding of key business metrics in these domains as well as take a business intelligence mindset to grow our Culture of Data across the organization and elevate our use of data in predicting the impact of different purchasing strategies, customer offerings, and logistics decisions.
Over the last couple of years we’ve made significant investments into our data pipeline. Our Data and Platform Engineers ingest data via Stitch into a modern data warehouse (Snowflake), our Data Modelers leverage dbt to transform and model data into consumable fact and reporting layers all orchestrated by Dagster, and our Data Analysts use Mode Analytics (SQL, Liquid, Python, R) and Jupyter Notebooks to analyze data and present compelling results to stakeholders. Together, we participate in a Data Guild to establish best practices and guide our architectural runway.
And, we’re also a startup! We expect everyone might do a bit of everything to get things done. Because of this, we look for self-directed people who take pride in their work, execute on it, and deliver phenomenal results.
**Duties & Responsibilities **
Why work for Good Eggs?
• Work for a purpose-driven company
• An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
• Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
• Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
• The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
• Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Paul Hudson (Glade Brook Capital), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.