Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of
national security through data science and machine learning. Through its
National Security Knowledge Graph and Decision Science Platform, Govini
delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national
security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to
innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San
Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a talented and knowledgeable Senior Product Manager to join our
team. You will serve as a defense and national security subject matter expert
to drive forward enhancement and development of our Decision Science Platform
and National Security Knowledge Graph. You will dissect customer needs and
translate them into requirements for Engineering. Additionally, you will be
instrumental in the planning and vision of our product roadmap to drive
forward user adoption and further our dominance in the Decision Science field.
In order to do this job well, you must be naturally curious and an eager
problem solver with a hunger for delivering high quality data and analytics.
You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You
share our intolerance of mediocrity. You’re uber-smart, challenged by figuring
things out and produce simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are
always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive
dialogue to find the best path forward. You’re scrappy. We like scrappy.
This is a senior team member role located in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Own the successful delivery of your roadmap, and co-own the success of the overall product.
- Develop and refine prioritized product needs based on insights from market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, business needs, and collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with your product peers to prioritize problems to solve, make trade-off decisions, and ultimately translate your priorities into detailed user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Effectively identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
- Build effective relationships with engineering, design, QA, and a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop communications material, value props, and high-level strategic justification to help explain “the why” of your product both internally and externally.
- Establish relationships with customers and prospects and conduct effective interviews to better understand the context, pressures, complete understanding of the problems they need to solve to deliver the right solution.
- Determine, prioritize and drive detailed functional specifications for data capture, data linkage and analytics
- Ensure fidelity between data sources and their presentation within the Govini platform
- This candidate must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- This role requires up to 50% travel
_Required Skills _
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in product management
- Exceptional ability to assess customer needs/workflow and translate to business cases, market requirements and product specifications
- Understanding of data and information services business models
- Ability to draw meaningful connections across data sets
- Demonstrated ability to balance long-term roadmap vision with the unavoidable shifting of short-term priorities in an agile, startup environment
- Excellent communication with both client-facing and technical team members
- High degree of ability to work autonomously with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
_Desired Skills _
- Previous experience working with firmographic data in banking, financial services, financial risk, or related, strongly preferred
- Experience working with Federal information such as budget and contracting data
- Experience working with DoD/National Security organizations
- Usage of Tableau or other visualization software
- Familiarity with web crawlers
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding of technological infrastructure involved in building data products
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future
performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about
solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to
hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and
protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.