Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Clinical Care Team
Heartbeat Health is a venture-backed health tech startup in New York. We are
working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and engaging virtual heart
care in the world. By 2030, over 40% of the US population will have heart
disease, with direct and indirect costs approaching $1 trillion USD. Heart
disease may be the most important health crisis we confront in our time.
Heartbeat addresses this problem via virtual cardiology services that include
diagnostic interpretation, telecardiology, and procedural referrals to bring
virtual-first care to cardiology, and improve the outcomes and efficiency for
Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists,
designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying
human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global
issue. We collaborate with the American College of Cardiology, and we have
been recognized as one of the 150 most promising digital health startups by CB
Insights. We recently closed our Series B funding and are backed by Echo
Health Ventures, Optum Ventures, DaVita Venture Group, .406 Ventures, Kindred
Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Designer Fund, and Max Ventures. We’ve been featured
in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
About the gig
- Develop and implement clinical workflows to support a growing care management program
- With the assistance of the National Medical Director and the product team, implement methods to reduce overall medical spend and preventable events including ER visits and admissions
- Work closely with product and operations to define and standardize clinical operations processes
- Work with product to define implement metrics around provider cost and quality
- Monitor performance metrics such as readmission, patient experience, denials, and revenue across the company
- Ensure appropriate action is taken to address performance opportunities
- Assist providers with implementation of methods to reduce overall medical spend and preventable events including ER visits and admissions
- Provider education in quality metrics, coding and gaps in care
- Management of provider quality and development of corrective action plans
- RN or MS nursing degree
- At least three years of clinical experience
- Experience in utilization management
- Experience leading a care management program and team is an added benefit
- Familiarity with Medicare Advantage programs
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- **Up for the challenge: **make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- **We care about diversity: **diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- opt into comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits
- enjoy flexible leave policies
- Distributed team and remote friendly culture
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our
team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your
delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of
those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.