Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Clinical Care Team
Heartbeat Health is a venture-backed health tech startup in New York. We are
working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and engaging virtual heart
care in the world. By 2030, over 40% of the US population will have heart
disease, with direct and indirect costs approaching $1 trillion USD. Heart
disease may be the most important health crisis we confront in our time.
Heartbeat addresses this problem via virtual cardiology services that include
diagnostic interpretation, telecardiology, and procedural referrals to bring
virtual-first care to cardiology, and improve the outcomes and efficiency for
Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists,
designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying
human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global
issue. We collaborate with the American College of Cardiology, and we have
been recognized as one of the 150 most promising digital health startups by CB
Insights. We recently closed our Series B funding and are backed by Echo
Health Ventures, Optum Ventures, DaVita Venture Group, .406 Ventures, Kindred
Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Designer Fund, and Max Ventures. We’ve been featured
in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Heartbeat Health is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant to join our
About the gig
- Assist physicians with interviewing, examining, and diagnosing patients
- Conduct and document telemedicine visits (with physician supervision)
- Prescribe medications to patients and suggest lifestyle changes
- Manage patient charts, including demographic and insurance information
- Support patient registration and claim entry through EMR
- Order laboratory and diagnostic testing
- Interpret test results
- A Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Education
- 3+ years of experience working as a Physician's Assistant
- A license to practice medicine. The following licenses are preferred: California, Ohio, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana, Florida, Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Michigan. Even better if you have multiple!
- Detail- and process-oriented, ability to context- and mode-switch easily, fast learner
- Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to collaborate across functions
- Self-driven and excited to support new technology
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Customer service experience, a people person
- Flexible schedule for weekends (preferred)
- Experience in Cardiology (preferred)
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- **Up for the challenge: **make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- **We care about diversity: **diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our
team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced Physician Assistant to work
with us. You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in
your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the
work of those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.