Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Business Development/Sales
Heartbeat Health is a venture-backed health tech startup in New York. We are
working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and engaging virtual heart
care in the world. By 2030, over 40% of the US population will have heart
disease, with direct and indirect costs approaching $1 trillion USD. Heart
disease may be the most important health crisis we confront in our time.
Heartbeat addresses this problem via virtual cardiology services that include
diagnostic interpretation, telecardiology, and procedural referrals to bring
virtual-first care to cardiology, and improve the outcomes and efficiency for
Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists,
designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying
human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global
issue. We collaborate with the American College of Cardiology, and we have
been recognized as one of the 150 most promising digital health startups by CB
Insights. We recently closed our Series B funding and are backed by Echo
Health Ventures, Optum Ventures, DaVita Venture Group, .406 Ventures, Kindred
Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Designer Fund, and Max Ventures. We’ve been featured
in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Heartbeat Health is growing fast, and we're looking for a market-leading VP of
Sales to join our team!
About the gig
- Player/Coach role focused on Payer & ACOs, not hospital systems or independent practices; it's key to have experience selling some form of virtual clinical solution to at-risk entities.
- Help develop and implement strategic plan for partner success, focused on both growth opportunities and customer retention
- Introduce and cultivate new payer client relationships
- Generate and qualify new payer prospects
- Make sales calls to new client prospects
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies
- Develop value proposition and pitch deck materials for virtual cardiology
- Relay pitch feedback and recommendations to the broader team
- Help liaise with product, technology, legal, finance, and clinical operations team in connection with negotiation, implementation, and execution of contract & development of client relationships
- 8+ years of sales or business development experience
- 2+ years of experience selling into payers, selling digital health or virtual care, or selling value based care
- Detailed and process-oriented, ability to add context and mode switch easily
- Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to collaborate across functions and use available tools
- Works well in team-based, collaborative environment
- Tech Savvy, Self-driven, self-starter and excited to support new technology
- Outstanding organizational abilities, driven by deadlines and demonstrated results
- Proven ability to operate successfully in remote role (pending COVID-19 and willingness to travel to customer sites as may be required in the future for onsite meetings)
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- **Up for the challenge: **make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- **We care about diversity: **diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- opt into comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits
- enjoy flexible leave and work from home policies
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our
team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
We are looking for exceptional, experienced VP of Sales to join us. You’re
open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery,
constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those
around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement
agencies. Heartbeat will not pay fees associated with resumes presented
through unsolicited means.