Location: San Francisco
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Business & Operations
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based enterprise AI solutions to power
the next wave of intelligent automation. We offer a portfolio of best-in-class
deep learning models, built with consensus-validated training data sourced and
annotated by our distributed workforce of more than 2 million contributors
globally. Hive's APIs enable use cases including automated content moderation,
contextual advertising, advertising and sponsorship measurement, document
parsing, and more. We process billions of API requests per month for many of
the world's largest and most innovative companies.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including
General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Jericho Capital, Bain & Company, Visa
Ventures, and others. We have over 170 employees globally in our San Francisco
and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the
future of AI!
Office Manager Role
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Office Manager to support our
rapidly growing company. This individual will be responsible for managing all
aspects of the office operations and you will also be instrumental in helping
to build our company culture. We're looking for an energetic and organized
person who excels at tackling new challenges on a daily basis. The environment
at Hive is dynamic, fast-paced, and energetic – each day will be different and
- Keep our headquarters running smoothly and all of our team members happy; keep the office immaculate: clean, organized, stocked, and ready to create great things
- Ensure employee happiness with their work environment, especially for meals catering and office maintenance (twice daily catering, weekly snack orders, office supplies, and misc. office needs)
- Work with our People Ops team to plan and coordinate activities and events (e.g., team outings, company parties, in-office events, etc.)
- Assist in a variety of HR needs, including benefits administration, immigration, and compliance
- Support with calendaring, email, and travel of the CEO
- Serve as facility manager for our SF office with 50+ employees (and growing!)
- Manage vendors and contractors: planning for, purchasing, and upkeep of workstations, furniture, and employee supplies
- Act as primary liaison between the company and office building management (e.g. repairs, building code compliance, etc.)
- Own space planning, including frequent seating rearrangements; assist with build-out of expansion office space
- Facilitate office physical/equipment access and security awareness
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role.
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets.
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority.
- BA / BS degree
- You have 0-2 years of work experience in a professional setting
- Desire to work in a fast-paced global environment
- Regardless of how big or small the task, you approach it with energy and enthusiasm
- You keep calm under pressure. When something doesn’t go as planned, you can keep your cool and find a solution
- You love to learn! Whether it be a new way of doing an old task, or a new skill entirely, you are excited about broadening your expertise
- Organization is your key to success
- Do-whatever-it-takes attitude
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a
revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an
opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San
Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on
the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!