Employment Type: Full-time
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based enterprise AI solutions to power
the next wave of intelligent automation. We offer a portfolio of best-in-class
deep learning models, built with consensus-validated training data sourced and
annotated by our distributed workforce of more than 2 million contributors
globally. Hive's APIs enable use cases including automated content moderation,
contextual advertising, advertising and sponsorship measurement, document
parsing, and more. We process billions of API requests per month for many of
the world's largest and most innovative companies.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including
General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Jericho Capital, Bain & Company, Visa
Ventures, and others. We have over 170 employees globally in our San Francisco
and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the
future of AI!
- Hive is looking for QA engineers to help build our quality assurance infrastructure and team. As an engineer focused on QA and testing, you have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of our products. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
- Our development team executes with such speed that quality assurance and testing has historically been overlooked. You will own the charge of quality assurance and testing, and naturally make it part of our culture and development process. We do not want to be known for having a “fail whale” counterpart for Hive – that will be your mission.
- You will have full autonomy of the testing process, will own the components that you work on, and be involved from design through deployment to ensure we ship the highest quality mobile and web applications. You will also be a leader in helping build the QA team, which will match the speed and execution capabilities of our product and development teams.
- You are a rock star engineer, who can’t deal with bad software. At some point, you shifted your responsibilities from developing new software to make sure the software that gets shipped is of the highest quality.
- Your technical depth allows you to command respect of development teams, while your QA experience allows you to successfully implement best-in-class processes and practices.
- You are an entrepreneurial self-starter who is looking to apply the best lessons about QA processes and teams to an empty canvas.
- Act as quality owner for respective features / releases.
- Mentor junior QAs and assist them in determining and developing approaches to problems.
- Develop test plans and execute test cases for assigned features.
- Report and track software defects. Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- Effectively collaborate with team members to achieve the best results.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Communicate issues, risks and test status in a timely and detailed manner.
- Determine root cause of issues discovered.
- Identify and recommend tools and process improvements in STLC.
- Use independent judgment outside of established procedures.
- Support the determination of approaches and the development of new or enhanced technical tools.
- Utilize OWASP top 10 techniques to secure code from vulnerabilities
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science or a related discipline would be preferred.
- 2-6 years of experience testing web applications and mobile apps and / or mobile testing frameworks / tools and API services in large scale applications.
- Solid understanding of mobile (iOS and Android) and Web technologies.
- Have a deep understanding of Manual Test methodologies and principles.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both grey box and black box testing.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Highly experienced with testing tools such as Jira, TestRail, Git, Appium, Selenium, REST Assured, TestNG, CI/CD Pipelines,Postman,Charles, etc.API testing using REST APIs.
- Excellent problem solver and critical thinker.
- Knowledge of Performance & Security testing is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile/Scrum development process.
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a
revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an
opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San
Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on
the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!