Location: United States - Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
At Jane, we’re working to find the best ways to help small businesses succeed,
and we’re using the latest technology to build a better online marketplace. We
have some pretty big goals and are always looking for talented people far and
wide who want to be a part of something new. We not only work hard at our jobs
but also to maintain a culture of authenticity and collaboration all while
being Remote First. Join us and enjoy the #janelife to its fullest.
Lead with empathy
Just say it
Make it count
Make your mark
This person will be responsible for inheriting and ensuring operational
excellence, overseeing multiple key functions in the business, and driving
both top and bottom line growth. This person is a highly strategic thinker,
capable of quickly assessing scenarios and translating strategy into action
plans. They must be a strong leader who is able to inspire their team to take
action without being prescriptive. This person has experience honing their
operational, strategy, and management skills in a fast-paced startup
environment and is well-versed in how to manage complex inventory-based
operations at scale. This person will lead multiple teams, including,
Finance/FP&A, Accounting, and Compliance, to ensure the entire business is
operating efficiently. They will report to the CEO and work collaboratively
with department heads. Overall, they will be in lock-step with the CEO and
executive team, helping to chart the course for the present performance and
future growth of Jane.
About the position
- Partner with the CEO on financial and strategic issues, which may include industry consolidation and public company preparation
- Communicate client story in numbers to internal and external audiences
- Attract talent to build a world-class finance organization that deeply understands how Jane.com’s business works and delivers on:
- Forecasting: Deliver accurate monthly and annual forecasts; instrument operations to provide KPIs that drive the business
- Accounting & Tax: Monthly delivery of actuals, manage annual audit.
- Corporate: Tax and treasury support, including entity management
- Strategic finance: Cap table and investor management, including Board work
- Operational Processes: Organize core processes such as quarterly business reviews, financial planning, OKRs, Inventory Planning, etc
- Other: CFO works closely with Company Board members and senior executives to develop and execute plans to drive the growth of the business. Support M&A and fundraising activity; IPO prep
- Work with the CEO on the company’s strategic vision including fostering and cultivating shareholder and stakeholder relationships.
- Provide the Company with an operating budget. Work with the CEO and department heads to provide adequate resources to support budget objectives, and information to ensure proper budget management.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on financial implications.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place and effectively operating to enable the Company to efficiently and effectively pass third-party audit and financial scrutiny.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the Company.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization and negotiate bank credit facilities on behalf of the Company.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting to meet the Company's needs.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the Company and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required schedules and reports both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Oversee tax, accounting and currency related requirements for the company’s overseas operations.
- Oversee all purchasing, disbursement and payroll activities for the Company.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculation of merit increases, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Maintain and understand the equity history and capitalization table of the Company.
- Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the Company’s 401(k) plan.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage and renewals.
- Member of Senior Management Team responsible for influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, product development and financial forecasting.
- Responsible for all financial and accounting functions including policy development and implementation, and financial system development and management.
- Implement a robust financial management / reporting system; ensure that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements
- Work with functional management to establish and track operating metrics in a centralized and cohesive fashion.
- Implement robust contracts management ; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Support company’s M&A activity from research to deal execution to post-merger integration.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Legal liaison for employment matters, sales contracts, and partnership contracts; lead in contract reviews and making recommendations in order to protect the corporation and investors, and any team member issues requiring legal assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA are highly preferred.
- 15+ years of total experience with demonstrated success leading in a dynamic corporate environment. Proven career progression and strong evidence of managing and developing teams.
- Experience in a high-growth environment and scaling a business to $500M+ in revenue
- Demonstrated operational/FP&A experience
- Public accounting experience with SEC filings for pre and post IPO preferred
- Has supported M&A activity in a finance and accounting capacity, both pre-deal and post-deal.
- Experience working in venture-backed or private equity funded businesses.
- Experience in DTC / E-commerce based business preferred
- Proven technical acumen in Finance and Accounting reporting software
- Strategic thinker with strong operational and communication skills; comfortable communicating at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to lead a team to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the company’s mission.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive benefits and perks include Flex PTO, 401k match, HSA employer contribution, Paid parental leave, Employer-sponsored life and disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Financial advisement
- A remote and flexible work environment, Apple Fitness, Virtual lunches, In-office pantry, Holiday gifts, Birthday gifts, Company events, Company anniversary, Company swag, Health & wellness perks, Employee referral award program, and more!
Jane is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Remote positions can be located anywhere within the United States.