Location: United States - Remote
Employment Type: Full-time - Remote
At Jane, we’re working to find the best ways to help small businesses succeed,
and we’re using the latest technology to build a better online marketplace. We
have some pretty big goals and are always looking for talented people far and
wide who want to be a part of something new. We not only work hard at our jobs
but also to maintain a culture of authenticity and collaboration all while
being Remote First. Join us and enjoy the #janelife to its fullest.
Lead with empathy
Just say it
Make it count
Make your mark
The VP of Brand & Creative Strategy is the creative force behind the Jane
brand—responsible for developing compelling branded content and visual
experiences for Jane customers throughout their journey. You will bring vision
and mentorship to a growing team of creatives, and be a part of building the
brand that redefines the fashion industry. You are responsible for the
ideation, design and execution of all creative, including design concepts,
marketing campaigns, photo and video production, and editorial content. You
have a keen sense of style and a discerning eye, and are passionate about
fashion and retail. If you are ready to build beautiful experiences for our
customer, we want you on our team.
The success of the work will be measured primarily through sales performance,
NPS, brand awareness, frequency, and ROAS, with the long-term goal of
increasing loyalty and brand visibility. Customer-centric strategists with a
pulse on culture and with disciplined metrics-driven decision making, balanced
with the desire for breakthrough creative ideas will be successful and
happiest in this role.
Who you are
- You must thrive in a complex, fast-paced, high pressure, growth environment. You gain energy from the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing and entrepreneurial business that has humble roots with infinite growth potential.
- You are equally a strategist and a storyteller with a tenured and successful portfolio of building awareness and igniting consumer action. You have a positive track record in leading brand strategy, building new ways of working and problem solving, inspiring and influencing your team and cross-functional teams, and working with executive and board-level leaders.
- You are fluent in brand financials and business metrics with a strong ability to glean actionable insights from sales and performance data and apply insights towards the development of compelling marketing strategies and briefs.
- You are curious about customers, culture, and competitors and envision the future by identifying areas of opportunity for innovation and team development. You are keeping up with the evolving digital and social media landscape and understand what it takes to mobilize consumers in this complex media environment.
- You are exceptionally skilled at driving a vision across the organization, you seek to develop relationships that enable success, and you proactively and creatively lead teams through problem-solving with a positive attitude.
- With an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, you are a resourceful self-starter who is willing to take on tasks outside of the role with a strong work ethic and adaptability towards change.
- In alignment with Company Initiatives, author marketing strategy briefs and annual/seasonal plans designed to meet sales goals and KPIs, and report regularly on progress against goals to leadership.
- Extract actionable insights from consumer research, business, and campaign performance data to understand the needs of the customer, the opportunities in the business, and in marketing effectiveness.
- Develop editorial programming and content strategy in partnership with marketing, social and creative teams.
- Set measurable marketing performance goals, KPIs, and learning plans, and track performance, applying learnings to future work.
- Lead Brand Strategy and Creative function by authoring and executing end to end brand marketing plans and campaigns across the full spectrum of owned, earned and digital, experiential, and paid channels.
- Lead Brand Partnerships function by proactively identifying opportunities for external partnerships that strengthen brand equity and loyalty.
- Lead your overall team towards high-performance and ignite talent by mapping developmental roles and assignments for self and members of your team. Provide coaching to enable your team to hit performance goals and maximize their potential.
- Be a steward of our brand, ensuring all channels execute content in alignment with brand vision and standards.
- Effectively manage relationships with external marketing agencies, working collaboratively to deliver compelling results.
- Establish collaborative relationships within the marketing organization and with cross-functional leaders and experts across Data & Analytics, Marketing, Social, Strategy, Tech, Operations, Merchandising, and others.
- Own and steward the brand marketing and campaign budget.
- Drive the team to keep themselves abreast of industry trends and how they can be developed at Jane. Continuously think of new and out-of-the-box ways to improve our brand strategies to drive business results. Research and implement new techniques and technologies that help drive brand marketing.
- Attract, recruit, coach, and retain top talent within your 9+ person team
- Takes ownership of departmental results, while fostering a culture of accountability among teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of brand marketing, brand management, marketing communications, or advertising experience
- Strong fashion and editorial sensibility, impeccable taste and understanding of the Jane customer
- Must have experience in retail, e-commerce, CPG, or direct-to-consumer, with a customer-first strategy
- Must have experience managing a team of 15+ people towards high performing achievements
- Proven knowledge of the fundamentals: user-centered experience design, brand development, video and photo production, digital marketing and the creative process is required
- Creative and discerning eye for photo editing and composition – you have a sense of style and want to see it shine through
- Must have experience working with agility in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working for both a large enterprise and either a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus.
- Experience growing a brand/company from early-stage to strong market presence and significant revenue is a plus.
- Strong ability to develop collaborative relationships with multiple partners from executive to junior levels.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing integrated brand campaigns
- Experience utilizing data and measurement to drive decisions
- Experience building & championing new creative disciplines and teams
- Equally analytical and creative
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Proactive, assertive and bold leader comfortable working in a highly collaborative and scrappy cross-functional environment
- Must be able to take initiative and simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities with a focused on deadline delivery
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive benefits and perks include Flex PTO, 401k match, HSA employer contribution, Paid parental leave, Employer-sponsored life and disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Financial advisement
- A remote and flexible work environment, Apple Fitness, Virtual lunches, In-office pantry, Holiday gifts, Birthday gifts, Company events, Company anniversary, Company swag, Health & wellness perks, Employee referral award program, and more!
Jane is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Remote positions can be located anywhere within the United States.