Location: Palo Alto, CA
Employment Type: Full time
Who We Are:
AI Fund is a venture studio that systematically creates and launches new
companies that bridge the gap between AI technology and applications to push
humanity forward. We harness artificial intelligence to create innovative
solutions for the big challenges of today. With the collective aspirations of
our co-founders, we build companies from inception to market launch. We
innovate, ideate, and validate to address some of the most pressing issues in
human capital, healthcare, wellness, and other traditional industries.
Founded in 2017 by Dr. Andrew Ng, the $176 million-dollar funded venture
studio is backed by top-tier VC firms and investors, along with the AI Fund
teams’ combined experiences as AI pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture
capitalists, and operators.
Zest is an AI Fund company that includes innovators from diverse backgrounds
who strive to make a meaningful impact on a health concern that affects 2/3rds
of the US population.
Zest’s mission is to improve the lives of users by guiding them through
incremental lifestyle changes that build healthier habits resulting in natural
and sustained weight loss. This is accomplished through evidence-based
education, cognitive-behavioral interventions, and building healthier habits
through daily guidance and progress tracking. The approach has been shown to
shift the user’s mindset, making willpower unnecessary for behavioral change.
Zest partners with other health, wellness, and related providers (ex:
insurance companies) to distribute their mobile health solutions at scale.
What You Will be Doing:
- Business Strategy and Planning. You will help shape Zest’s overall company strategy. This includes positioning, go-to-market, and monetization strategies for consumer-facing digital products distributed through business partners (B2B2C). You will identify Zest’s core strengths and weaknesses and develop a business model that enables Zest to sustain a competitive advantage. This includes segmenting customers into highly targetable markets and developing a sustainable expansion strategy for growth.
- Executive leadership. You should be able to manage and grow a small startup team to scale. You should have prior experience managing and mentoring teams in both vertical and horizontal company structures. You will also help Zest put in place sound management systems and processes to ensure smooth operations of the organization.
- Marketing and Customer Acquisition. You should have a deep understanding of consumer psychology, preferably with experience in health and wellness segments. You should be able to build and retain massive online audiences through B2B2C partner relationships, as well as through earned, paid, and social media channels. You should be data-driven and be able to drive execution to hit challenging KPIs that accelerate user growth.
- Experience in an early-stage startup, either as an early employee, founder, or advisor.
- B2C and/or B2B2C marketing experience, B2B partner building, and multi-channel user acquisition.
- Previous executive management experience growing small teams in uncertain, fast-moving environments.
- Proven ability to drive business strategy, make difficult trade-offs, and focus limited company resources on the most important issues.
- Passionate about health, wellness, and an interest in holistic weight management.
- Experience raising funds through reputable venture capitalists.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in mobile and online services with user-centered design. Ideally with an engineering/technical background.
- Experience founding, funding, and growing successful startups.
- Background in psychology, health, fitness, or another health-related field.
- Accountability: An obligation to accept responsibility and account for one's actions with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: Establishes a vision and inspires and motivates the team to achieve that vision.
- Grit : Pushes through challenges to reach successful outcomes and performs well under pressure.
- Scrappy : Takes initiative to get things done with limited resources and in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Ownership orientation : Results-driven by nature with the demonstrated orientation of ownership over all aspects of the company.
- Diversity and Inclusion : At Zest, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. Zest believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At AI Fund, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect
where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth,
lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and
mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our
employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit,
develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and