Location: United States
Employment Type: Full time
This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in North America.
Workera.ai is the precision upskilling platform helping
enterprises, governments and individuals upskill and reskill to meet the
critical demand for key technological capabilities including data science,
machine learning and artificial intelligence. The Workera platform provides
AI-driven mentorship at scale with its adaptive assessments and personalized
learning plans that drive measurable results to close the skills gap.
We are a Silicon Valley start-up backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA),
Owl Ventures and Andrew Ng’s AI Fund. Our founders are Kian Katanforoosh, an
award-winning Stanford Computer Science Lecturer who has taught AI to over 1
million people, and James Lee, former VP of Global Operations at Udacity. Our
Chairman is Dr. Andrew Ng, co-founder of Coursera (NYSE: COUR), CEO of
DeepLearning.AI, and founding lead of the Google
We’re looking for an Enterprise Sales Director (US Western Region) to join
the team as an individual contributor, and continue our rapid growth across
the West Coast region. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup
backed by top-tier investors and angels. As one of first sales hires you will
be a founding member of the NAMER world-class team, and as a result there are
significant growth opportunities.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own and deliver / exceed all quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Establish and grow a high velocity pipeline within your assigned territory
- Educate c-suite leaders from technology, data, learning & development and talent
- Provide accurate forecasting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Adopt a highly consultative approach, leading senior executives through the sales process
- Build long term relationships and drive revenue growth from within existing customers
- Attend networking events, trade shows (live / virtual)
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Achieve and exceed all quarterly and annul sales quotas
- Act as the primary customer contact throughout their life cycle
- Identify and execute on all expansion opportunities with an account
Here's what you'll bring:
- 5 yrs + SaaS Sales Experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with a customer centric approach
- Proven track record of selling enterprise software into large / complex accounts
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles of 6 months+ in length
- Proven track record of overachievement and quota attainment (top 10 performer in your current company)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Experience in selling at the C-Level, particularly CTO, CIO, CLO, CDO
- The grit and determination required to establish a new territory
- Working knowledge of MEDDIC (an advantage)
- Be highly coachable and adopt a growth mindset
- Prior territory experience / knowledge
- A track record in the learning / human capital technology space (a distinct advantage)
- Proficiency in SFDC and other sales enablement technologies
What you'll get by working with us:
- Unlimited PTO plus a week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Collegial atmosphere.
- Innovative environment.
- Full support for home offices.
- A culture of life-long learning supported up to $3,000 reimbursement for professional development.
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Being part of a world-class technical team that’s trying to make the world more meritocratic.
- Be part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence.
- Opportunity to own high-impact projects.
What's it like to work at Workera?
- High-velocity career growth. You will be joining an all-star team of industry experts, world-class technologists from top tech companies, and proven startup operators that have built large, successful businesses. Workera is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and most importantly, we’re solving a massive problem for enterprises and individuals, so your opportunities for growth and impact are unlimited.
- A company that is solving one of the most exciting interdisciplinary problems of our era. World-changing innovations often spur from interdisciplinary research and development. Workera is, at its heart, an interdisciplinary company. To create the world’s most reliable and valid skills signal powering talent development, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on the most challenging problems at the intersection of psychometrics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering – from developing valid and reliable computer adaptive tests, to recommending personalized learning plans to employees and organizations, and enabling business leaders worldwide to make the best strategic decisions for upskilling and recruiting.
- Diversity. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. Our team-members, like our users, transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a skills-based, more meritocratic world, and a unique ability to execute.
- A remote-friendly work environment. No matter where you reside, you’re a part of Workera. We ensure that our globally distributed employees can participate fully in our company’s activities and do their best work every day.
- Lifelong learning. As talented as our team members are, we know that everyone is a constant work-in-progress and that the best is yet to come. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, mentorship, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. Did someone ever tell you that world-class mentorship doesn’t exist in startups? Please send them our way!
- A culture of transparency that we carry through to messaging communication, ensuring that team members have the information they need to make good decisions.
We’re learners, dreamers, and game-changers. Join us to bring everyone the
opportunity to achieve their fullest potential!
At Workera we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect
where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth,
lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and
mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Workera believes that diversity and inclusion among our
employees are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit,
develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and