Employment Type: Full time
Team: AI Fund
We are looking for Full Stack Engineers to produce scalable software solutions for our portfolio companies. You’ll be part of a cross-functional and will be responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
What You Will be Doing:
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications
What You Must Bring:
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Knowledge of multiple object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, Python) and multiple frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Node.js)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to have in-depth technical discussions with both the engineering team and business people
- Excellent English language skills
- Self-starter and comfort working in an early-stage environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Nice to Haves:
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s or PhD degree is a plus
- Understanding of AI/ML models
- Understanding of big data tools, including Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with consumer applications and data handling
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and best practices
Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
Grit. able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
Scrappy: Takes initiative and proactively gets things done with low resources, but doing creative things, begging, borrowing, and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the product and extremely results-driven in nature.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.