Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Employment Type: Full time
Bearing is at the forefront of bringing AI to the maritime shipping industry.
This is a trillion dollar industry that moves 90% of the goods we interact
with on a daily basis, but has traditionally lagged far behind other
industries in adopting new technologies. At Bearing, we’re changing that.
We’re building an AI-driven platform that helps shipping companies
dramatically streamline their operations and tackle their biggest pain points.
We’ve already built our first product and have some of the world’s biggest
shippers as our customers. Our team is made up of highly experienced AI
engineers and tech industry veterans and we’re backed by the AI Fund and
shipping industry investors.
We are looking for a driven Product Manager to join our Product team. This
person should have experience doing everything it takes to build great
software products. You are someone who can’t look at products without
analyzing them and identifying how you would improve them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ideate and build world-class products that help revolutionize the maritime industry where creative and innovative solutions are desired and welcomed.
- PRDs: You will be responsible for defining and scoping product requirements for new and existing product offerings.
- Execution: Ensure we ship high quality products on-time. In order to do that, you will write clear and concise user stories, prioritize features and work closely with a team of world-class engineers to implement the new features.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop concepts, work with global partners and/or customers to validate these ideas and iterate.
- Research: Conduct usability studies, research and market analysis to ensure product requirements satisfy customer needs.
- Manage Scrum team: Actively prioritize engineering efforts and manage sprints through Jira. You will be responsible for sprint planning, ticket creation and working with project management and engineering to actively manage team progress and ensure delivery of products.
- Manage and prioritize customer feedback while ensuring priorities are aligned with company business and product strategy.
What You Must Bring:
- Experience developing SaaS enterprise products, technologies and platforms
- Experience writing user stories including functional requirements
- Experience interviewing/surveying users, running user experiments, conducting quantitative and qualitative user research
- Data driven mindset - we make product decisions based on data or information backed by research
- You will be joining an early-stage startup so you’ll need to be able to wear multiple hats and thrive while working in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative - works well in cross-functional teams including engineers, designers, marketing, sales, project management, etc.
- Exceptional communication, organization, time management skills and extremely detailed
- Hands-on/ team-player attitude toward tackling tactical as well as strategic work
- Proven teamwork skills to help deliver products on-time and high quality results that will “Wow” our customers
- User empathy a must
Nice if your bring:
- Product Management experience in both enterprise and consumer products
- Experience working at Series C or earlier startup
- Experience working with AI-enabled products
What we have to offer:
- Market competitive compensation
- Company equity benefit
- Food & commute benefits
- Work from home benefits
- Medical and dental Insurance coverage for you and family members.
- A week off between Christmas and New Year’s
- Monthly education budget
- Collegial atmosphere
- Direct and transparent communication style
- Innovative environment
- Work with global AI Leaders
- Be part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence
At Bearing, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect
where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth,
lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and
mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our
employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit,
develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and