Location: United States
Employment Type: Full time
Want to use your marketing skills to change the world?
AI is the new electricity. Millions of AI engineers are needed to transform
industries with artificial intelligence, and we’re building the education
platform to train them. DeepLearning.AI provides a
world-class education to people around the globe so that we can all benefit
from an AI-powered future. We’re a small ed-tech company with serious
credentials, exciting marketing challenges, and wonderful teammates.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who can bring our products
to life across multiple channels and platforms, including social, email, and
the web. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who can work
collaboratively and independently to execute new ideas and projects, thrives
in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for AI and/or education. This
position reports to the Director of Marketing. We are open to remote workers
within 3 time zones of California (PDT / GMT -7).
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Maintain and elevate the brand voice and identity across channels and campaigns. Level up our positioning, voice, and aesthetics so that people notice when we go to market. Responsible for brand positioning, creative ideation, copywriting, product narrative, and creating product and marketing assets in collaboration with the design team.
- Work closely with Digital, Community, Content, and Event marketing leads on marketing strategy. Responsible for developing and executing social media and email outreach strategy and leveraging our community forum and newsletter to promote our product offerings.
- Champion our end users and act as the internal expert regarding their preferences, pain points, and motivators. Responsible for managing and growing our beta tester community and conducting user tests and feedback sessions (focus groups, 1:1 interviews, running surveys, etc.) to generate business and marketing insights.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams and industry and educational partners. Acting as the de facto program manager and coordinating between internal stakeholders and external partners to design and lead multi-channel, integrated marketing projects end-to-end. Support and assist other teammates’ marketing initiatives, including newsletter and event campaigns. There will also be opportunities to work directly with the Founder (Andrew Ng) and other industry experts to craft marketing materials.
Here are the skills you should have:
- 4 to 6 years of experience in B2C brand management or product marketing (consumer goods, entertainment, or tech highly preferred).
- Experience with marketing technical products, content, or online education.
- Experience marketing to technical or developer audiences.
- Exceptional writing ability, with an eye for non-clichéd storytelling and persuasive calls to action.
- Proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Experience managing an editorial calendar and consistent publishing process.
- Proven experience managing innovative product launches end-to-end.
- Experience working with technology products, especially AI or other emerging technology, is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with analytical and creative teams.
- Appetite for generating original, creative ideas and openness to new thinking.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with AI or online training and education.
- Startup experience wearing multiple hats within the marketing department.
- Graphic design experience.
What you get working with us:
- Being part of a world-class team trying to change the world.
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Ability to learn from marketing subject matter experts.
- A culture of lifelong learning supported with a monthly stipend for professional development.
- The opportunity to be exceptionally creative in a very modest field with your high-impact ideas.
We hope you will fit our team’s culture well:
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently, work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Team oriented. We watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks like scheduling to high-level recruiting strategies.
What we offer:
- DeepLearning.AI offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, flexible PTO, and much more.
At DeepLearning.AI, we are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions),
national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information
(including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. DeepLearning.AI believes
that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success
as a company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people
from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided based on
qualifications, merit, and business need.
You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the