Employment Type: Full time
Who We Are:
AI Fund is an early stage venture firm founded by Dr. Andrew Ng in 2017. Our
portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve
processes and efficiency. The AI Fund team combines their experiences as AI
pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and operators. We are
backed by a $176 million-dollar fund from top-tier VC firms.
Talentiz is a Trusted Partner to the AIF Portfolio Companies to develop and
execute a talent strategy that will attract and retain the best talents
What We Seek:
We are seeking an experienced Recruiter who will work with our leadership team
and hiring managers to identify proven entrepreneurial talent to join our
ecosystem. Successful candidates will understand the importance of creating a
positive candidate experience and be results-oriented while keeping the bar
high. You will wear multiple hats including business development (sourcing and
networking), quality control when screening candidates entering the recruiting
pipeline, facilitating the interview process, and close offers with reasonable
costs and on a quick timeline.
What You Will be Doing:
- You will work with hiring managers to identify recruiting needs. You need to sync with the company’s leadership team and hiring managers regularly to identify hiring needs and prioritize positions based on the portfolio company's goals. You will need to master the recruiting process and advise hiring managers on job market trends and compensation structure. For each portfolio company you support, you must understand their vision and their product inside and out in order to present the data in such a manner that attracts the best talents.
- You will need to ensure positive candidate experience throughout the entire interview process. This includes things such as timely follow-up, interview scheduling, maintaining open and transparent dialogue with candidates as well as the entire hiring committee and your manager.
- Source high quality talent for all positions. We typically are requested to find the initial founding team of a brand new startup which means quality and ability to match up skill sets and personalities to optimize team structure is critical. You will be responsible for identifying, reaching out to, and engaging talents for all functions as well as negotiate a compensation package that focuses on long term gain.
- You will recommend and execute the best recruiting strategy. You need to know what the most effective channels are to hire for different positions. We expect the recruiter to know where the best talents congregate and find every opportunity to network with talents to get referrals and gain their trust.
- You will be able to learn and use different HR and recruiting systems to assist with managing the hiring process and recruiting funnel. You will be responsible to use our ATS system and other scheduling and recruiting related systems including Greenhouse, Lever, HackerRank, Linkedin and other systems. You need to assist with our recruiting committee to list any type of job posting (career page job post, Linkedin paid job post, other social media job post) in order to advertise and promote the job. You will utilize different tools and resources to promote the job, and manage the candidates from different channels and migrate any new candidate data into Lever for tracking.
- You will be responsible to negotiate offers that focus on long-term incentives within a reasonable timeline. You need to build strong relationships with promising candidates by knowing what truly motivates the candidates. In most cases, candidates who join our ecosystem focus on the opportunities instead of short term financial return. You need to identify candidates’ concerns, present opportunities and involve hiring managers/executives to the closing process in the right timing to close the offer.
What you must bring:
- At least 3 years of hands-on senior level recruiting experience running the process from beginning to end as an in-house recruiter.- Experience working in hi-tech startups or companies is strongly preferred.
- Healthy network of high quality candidates and/or demonstrate the ability to create a network of them.
- Excellent interpersonal ability; strong verbal and written communications in English and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Operational excellence. We expect you to be able to manage an efficient recruiting process - from sourcing, scheduling, screening to negotiating and closing offers - for multiple candidates simultaneously and constantly identify ways to improve the candidate experience.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking. You’ll be juggling a lot of important projects at once. It will be important both to drive them forward quickly and to pay attention to the details so balls don’t get dropped.
- Bachelor degree from a top university. Technical degree or marketing degree is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems, including Lever, is a strong plus.
Characteristics we value:
- High Performer: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity. Always aim to deliver high quality results quickly.
- Growth Mindset: keep an open mind about all possibilities and always reflect from within rather than look externally for reasons to not succeed.
- Great Attitude. maintain an upbeat and positive attitude with everyone you come in contact with. Check any negative attitude or passive aggressive behavior at the door.
- Scrappy: Take initiative and proactively get things done with low resources, but doing creative things and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation. Thinks quickly on both feet and are able to roll with the punches.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company and extremely results-driven in nature.
At AI Fund's Talentiz, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth,
lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and
mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our
employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit,
develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and